Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,964   Online: 886

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post

That alone would make a $6 cost worth it to me. I would just be careful not to expose 50 sheets a day.

Ken
    I read last they are projecting $15 a sheet... I thought that would be 8x10" but no it's 4x5"...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's the projected cost for the KickStarter rewards after factoring in final R&D and start-up costs. My understanding (could be wrong, of course) is that they are still targeting for significantly less than that. Although that might also be significantly above $6.

In any case, I'm already in for the KickStarter project. And if they could keep the eventual stabilized price under $10/sheet or so, I'd use it. Mostly for one-off street portraits in my Crown Graphic.

(It doesn't have a motor drive...)

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-01-2014 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    It's $400,000 usd.
    Projected price of $15 a shot for 4x5 (I originally thought it would be 8x10).

I know times and nostalgia have changed since the fast rushing tide of digital conversion wiped out Polaroid.
    My thought (and that is all they are from this armchair economist that predicted Oldsmobile and Mercury needed to go and "Real Estate is disposable" about 10 years before it happened). ... I don't see many people actually stepping up and buying $150 boxes of 10 exposures. I see a bunch of "yes bring it on people" saying just that, but when the stuff hits the shelves, they will be hard pressed to buy this product even at fire sale prices of $60 for 10 a year past "expiration". I used 55, my reason for not using more is how flimsey the negative was, I ended up preferring a "meaty" standard base negative from Iflord and Kodak, That being said, I have been messing with MONOBATH and my large format cameras. Cheers, my opinion, I can buy a lot of HC110 and Adox for $30 or $150... and have a similar experience, because clearing and drying the 55 negative takes time too.
    My biggest hope was actually that if this stuff took off, they could partner with Impossible, and make an 8x10 type 55.... That would be cool!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, they've hit the 20% mark. But it has taken too long, and the initial big backers, to do it. I'm a little depressed.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Signs of life at the New 55 project

Well, they've hit the 20% mark. But it has taken too long, and the initial big backers, to do it. I'm a little depressed.

Ken
    Take out a second mortgage to help

Personally I think the PA-45 type pack film peel apart stiff would have been cheaper to produce by a lot, no metal and possibly cheaper/easier to produce.

I get that they want to be able to sell using the cheaper holder but the type of person willing to buy film at $12 a sheet or whatever it is, really isn't concerned about a $200 holder STILL BEING MADE NEW...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That does it. I'm calling Paul Allen. All he would need do is skip one oil change on that restored B-25 bomber of his, and we'd be there!

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That does it. I'm calling Paul Allen. All he would need do is skip one oil change on that restored B-25 bomber of his, and we'd be there!

Ken
    I think you mean Patrick Bateman...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And an oil change on a B-25 would only be a thousand or two tops. $400k is a lot.
    BTW just wondering IF the money only gets to 25%... do the "donors" get it back?
    ...... ^^^^ I get in trouble for being literal, but knowing the workings of radial internal combustion engines and 2 of them at that, the costs aren't astronomical. (oh a B-25... only two 'engines' and 2 bankers at 14 cly rather than the "28" wasp major I thought it had. Peanuts for oil... "labor free" if I were doing it myself..

This oil change thing is really off subject... and it is "Paul Allen" who has the b25
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 04-01-2014 at 06:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    And an oil change on a B-25 would only be a thousand or two tops. $400k is a lot.
    BTW just wondering IF the money only gets to 25%... do the "donors" get it back?
    ...... ^^^^ I get in trouble for being literal, but knowing the workings of radial internal combustion engines and 4 of them at that, the costs aren't astronomical.
    You're payment method is only charged IF and WHEN the goal is reached:

If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on:
    Mon, May 5 2014 11:59 pm EDT
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on:
    Mon, May 5 2014 11:59 pm EDT
    Does this mean they only have a little over a month to get the other 80% of the needed funding?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin