Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,257   Online: 1125

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    And an oil change on a B-25 would only be a thousand or two tops. $400k is a lot.
    BTW just wondering IF the money only gets to 25%... do the "donors" get it back?
    ...... ^^^^ I get in trouble for being literal, but knowing the workings of radial internal combustion engines and 4 of them at that, the costs aren't astronomical.
    Wright R-2600 Twin Cyclone 14-cylinder air-cooled radial engines, baby. Nothing else in the world sounds like 'em.

You can probably appreciate this link, then. There are two air-worthy and flying B-25s located within a moderate distance of my house. In the summertime with my windows open I can hear that signature sound miles away. I always go outside for a good look.

I've been told that Mr. Allen has now passed the $100 million mark with his fleet of restored vintage aircraft. Nice hobby, if you can afford it.

He can. I still say we call him...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-01-2014 at 05:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm
    Im dreaming, but itd be nice if Fuji saw this and threw these guys a bone.... meanwhile, the reality is that they just axed fp3000b

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Does this mean they only have a little over a month to get the other 80% of the needed funding?
    Yes - but there are no set trends on KS, regardless of what they would have you think. Reading in depth into their analasys shows that the projections about the actual time money is pledged, the size of the pledges, and the probability of specific things happening in a project if XYZ are chosen by the creator is only true in a fraction of cases and their highest control rate is under 20% of cases. I am no statistician, but that means to me there is no way to predict what will happen in 30 days.

While i am optimistic and hope this project happens, it is slowed down now, but most funding can happen in the last few moments, as they are moving forward if slowly, and steadily. Its up to all community members to post this on their FB pages, DPreview comment pages etc., to get the most traffic to the page...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    I read last they are projecting $15 a sheet... I thought that would be 8x10" but no it's 4x5"...
    That would be a misreading.

-Sam Hiser

project CEO
    new55project.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    My biggest hope was actually that if this stuff took off, they could partner with Impossible, and make an 8x10 type 55.... That would be cool!
    At what price?

8x10 is four times the area of 4x5. At Freestyle,which I just checked, HP5+ for example is 3.3 times as much per sheet in 8x10 as in 4x5. If that same ratio held, we'd be talking nearly twenty bucks a sheet if the 4x5 does come in at $6. If the 4x5 is closer to $10 that'd be nearly thirty five bucks a pop in 8x10.

It would be cool, but not THAT cool. At least not to me. Maybe if someone had the right commercial use and a client willing to pay it might make sense.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    At what price?

8x10 is four times the area of 4x5. At Freestyle,which I just checked, HP5+ for example is 3.3 times as much per sheet in 8x10 as in 4x5. If that same ratio held, we'd be talking nearly twenty bucks a sheet if the 4x5 does come in at $6. If the 4x5 is closer to $10 that'd be nearly thirty five bucks a pop in 8x10.

It would be cool, but not THAT cool. At least not to me. Maybe if someone had the right commercial use and a client willing to pay it might make sense.
    At a fair for example, you could easily sell an 8x10 for $100 and keep the negative and sell them the print to take home. Especially fairs and Renaissance Festivals etc. That's not amazing but it's do-able. And sell them digital copy emailed to them of the negative for extra. Etc.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe in New York you could get that at a fair. Here I think $25 would be pushing it. Not sure about Ren Faires but I suspect it wouldn't be much different.

I do have a similar idea for a project but the price point will be a lot less than $100 per print.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Maybe in New York you could get that at a fair. Here I think $25 would be pushing it. Not sure about Ren Faires but I suspect it wouldn't be much different.

I do have a similar idea for a project but the price point will be a lot less than $100 per print.
    Well you offer the 4x5 version for $25-$30 and the 8x10 for $100

Some clients like it big!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swhiser View Post
    That would be a misreading.

-Sam Hiser

project CEO
    new55project.com
    Indeed. From the kickstarter faq:

Assuming this campaign is successful, will the cost per sheet reduce once you are set up to sell independently?

The money pledged from Backers in this Kickstarter campaign is going primarily to manufacturing capacity. After a successful campaign, our goal would be to get the market price of New55 FILM down as far as component costs permit. Our goal is as low as $6 per sheet. (Scale economies can potentially improve things from there.)
    So they need enough people willing to pay $15/sheet to get them going, then the ongoing cost will be ~$6/sheet. I've backed it. I really hope enough others do too but if not then it is what it is.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Confirmed mounted fine art AgBr prints 8x10 dont sell at 25GBP in London, maybe one a month.

If you have a relative with an inkjet printer you email him/her a selfie, collect the A4 or A3 later.

Better turnover attending estate sales buying old cameras and selling as shelf objects or oldey worldey film cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin