Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,292   Online: 814

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well there are a lotta people using impossible film so Id be reluctant to quibble or predict about the price point.
    The Polaroid pack cameras that will work with the film dissappear from our shops and street stalls.
    Yes I've heared a lady say you mean the camera costs 20 GBP but the film is 22 GBP?
    The answer from the vendor was they keep improving the film but it is still not the same as the original...
    She bought the camera...
    Kodachrome was killed by E6 labs
    Polariod by C41 labs we had mini labs next to each tube station now mini labs are rare 'Polariod' has a market niche again. The plastic cameras are tolerant of big hand bags and there were a lot made.
    Vinyl records have not recovered like impossible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Vinyl records have not recovered like impossible.
    You can buy a lot of new stuff on vinyl.
    I bought a turntable simply because a Jazz fusion release in 2002 was ONLY found on vinyl.
    Robert Cray, Lake Street Dive, Van Morrison, a lot of Jazz... is still being pressed for those that want the stuff on vinyl.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    You can buy a lot of new stuff on vinyl.
    I bought a turntable simply because a Jazz fusion release in 2002 was ONLY found on vinyl.
    Robert Cray, Lake Street Dive, Van Morrison, a lot of Jazz... is still being pressed for those that want the stuff on vinyl.
    Yes I know and

I have a turntable still with Halfler surround for stereo pair mike &
    Van was in same year in school

But I can buy Impossible in local shops! If you ask for Polariod you get given...

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes I know and

I have a turntable still with Halfler surround for stereo pair mike &
    Van was in same year in school

But I can buy Impossible in local shops! If you ask for Polariod you get given...

Noel
    Over on this side of the Atlantic, it's easier to buy new records than Impossible Film.
    I am in a "Big Ten" college town, 3 or 4 places to buy Vinyl records, no where anymore to buy Impossible, or even Tri-x!!!!!
    I thought about selling film in my studio, but it's easier for a consumer of film to go Amazon or Freestyle to get exactly the film they want (Ilford 100, 400, Delta, etc or Kodak, Tmax- Trix, or Adox) rather than the two sorts of film on one or two developers I contemplated stocking, that would likely not sell completely before expiration dates.

Cheers.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Over on this side of the Atlantic, it's easier to buy new records than Impossible Film.
    I am in a "Big Ten" college town, 3 or 4 places to buy Vinyl records, no where anymore to buy Impossible, or even Tri-x!!!!!
    I thought about selling film in my studio, but it's easier for a consumer of film to go Amazon or Freestyle to get exactly the film they want (Ilford 100, 400, Delta, etc or Kodak, Tmax- Trix, or Adox) rather than the two sorts of film on one or two developers I contemplated stocking, that would likely not sell completely before expiration dates.

Cheers.
    Maybe just pick up a few so that you can get some incentive to others to start shooting film with a normally wouldn't, and just having it in the store is a reminder, even if it's just one or two films on the shelf

Then you can tell them where to go to get it cheaper if you want, but at least they'll get hooked
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Out here in the isolated plains... I think Amazon and Mail-order are taking over.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ok I live in London if I run out of 120 or 135 on Sunday street vendors and second hand shops have expired Trix, Plusx, etc. cheap in cool bags, pharmacy (Boots) has fresh HP5+, XP2, CN400,... 135 and Lomo has fresh rebadged Lomo film 120, 135, and a c41 mini lab... haggle on turnaround, till 19:00 local.

I know there is an impossible shop somewhere nearby.

Vinyl might be available on Sunday but never run out yet.

If you live in death valley things may be dry.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    forgot the Panatomicx x and HIE...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok I live in London if I run out of 120 or 135 on Sunday street vendors and second hand shops have expired Trix, Plusx, etc. cheap in cool bags, pharmacy (Boots) has fresh HP5+, XP2, CN400,... 135 and Lomo has fresh rebadged Lomo film 120, 135, and a c41 mini lab... haggle on turnaround, till 19:00 local.

I know there is an impossible shop somewhere nearby.

Vinyl might be available on Sunday but never run out yet.

If you live in death valley things may be dry.
    Lomography have actual stores?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vinyl records are easy to find in Atlanta and area, and even in my small town area back home in TN. Film is limited to 35mm consumer C41 without a massive search. Certainly no Inpossible.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk using 100% recycled electrons. Because I care.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin