Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,272   Online: 1059

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a backer (150$: 10 sheets plus a 5x7 print as a keepsake) after my submission for the 'SALT' MSA, performed with my 545i holder and T-54 film:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum195/...ml#post1640908

What I find attractive in particular is their claim that you can use the same parameters for correct exposure of positive and negative. I expect that one can at least learn to judge the negative correctly by the positive.

Then you know that you have 'got the image' even your motive is not completely immobile - and paste it together with the (hopefully few) other exposures in your logbook and add some notes. The final image will then be the print of the negative. This would be a great tool for learning and improving! And so it would be really a new development in analog photography - which would have been highly admired even before digital photography (almost... :-) killed polaroid.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ken, sorry, I would love too, but can't. Gotta save for all the 8x10 sheets of film I'll be buying soon! Such is life, enjoy your 4 boxes.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kickstarter Funding is Sucessful!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way cool news! Guess I'd better go find a new version holder. I have the old 545 and it supposedly won't work with their version (though I don't know what's different). I'm only in for a few sheets, but I guess that means I'll be buying more when they get it completely running.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Signs of life at the New 55 project

Are you sure about the holder? I believe the new film will work with both.

Edit: this is from the Kickstarter update #15:
    Holders

The Polaroid 545 Land Film Holder is the strong metal holder that works best with New55 FILM. Also, the plastic version, called the Polaroid 545i Land Film Holder, functions identically and is a few ounces lighter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Are you sure about the holder? I believe the new film will work with both.
    I'm not completely sure, but I did read that somewhere in the several discussions about the new55 project.

I haven't seen detailed photos of the newer holder, so I don't know the differences. With my older one and the expired T55 I've used, I can't rely on the rollers to break the chemical pod, so I use a brayer to squish it and roll it out. I don't know if that's mainly the fault of my old holder or the old pods, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bethe, as far as I know both the 545 (earlier all-metal holder, the one with the instructions printed on the back side) and the 545i (later holder with more plastic, thus saving a little weight) both will function identically with New55. It was apparently designed around these holders.

However, New55's Sam has already mentioned that only the 545i (later) holder will fit into the new KS Wanderlust handheld 4x5 camera. Maybe this is what you read about?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Bethe, as far as I know both the 545 (earlier all-metal holder, the one with the instructions printed on the back side) and the 545i (later holder with more plastic, thus saving a little weight) both will function identically with New55. It was apparently designed around these holders.

However, New55's Sam has already mentioned that only the 545i (later) holder will fit into the new KS Wanderlust handheld 4x5 camera. Maybe this is what you read about?

Ken
    And do not confuse these two holders with the earlier (up to 1970) "Naked" 500 holder -- which some people continued to use successfully with T55.

No need to rush for holders, since shipment is unlikely to be sooner than 8 months from funding.
    -Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, just double-checked and mine is the 500. Guess I have a few months to track something down if that doesn't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I'll be damned...

This project was successfully funded 1 minute ago: $415,025

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin