Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,152   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For what it is worth will take up on the offers from anyone here that has the extra holder that they are willing to send my way, be glad to pay shipping and such.
    Who wants to offer first?
    Then I will be ready when this happens.
    On another note this is great news, I came to LF (4X5) just after Polaroid had gone away, have seen 55 used but never had the experience myself.
    Will admit to being the fan of Polaroid and Mr. Land.
    If you read just a little of the history of what Mr. Land had done and was involved with he was the exceptional mind, not appreciated by the general public.
    Enough of my opinions.

Aj

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nah, don't worry. Polaroid made a TON of these units. Some are very worn however....I am glad I had the sense to grab a new in box 545 for 5.00 back in the dark days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still have mine, and would love to be able to use it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gentlemen-

How may I be of service?

-Sam
    new55project.com

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by swhiser View Post
    Gentlemen-

How may I be of service?

-Sam
    new55project.com
    Last I read on the blog was that new55 was a side project and was never really meant to be a commercial endeavor, which I interpreted as "only a few lucky folks will ever get to shoot new55, so stop holding your breath". My interest in the project dwindled considerably after reading that, though I do hear there's lots of progress being made, just none towards public availability. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I may eat my own words sooner than expected. This new Kickstarter idea sounds brilliant!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    About the holders...

Please realize the New55 project chose the CHEAP 545 holders for the new version rather than use the 550 (or Fuji equivalent) holders so that many could use it easily and cheaply get started.

So for $20 you can buy one on eBay...
    OK, Stone. I've been meaning to do this after reading their site a while back...

I just now bought a NOS, unused, still-in-the-box-with-manual, 545 metal holder from that ugly auction site, for use next summer, or later, just in case it really, really does happen.

And if it doesn't, I suppose it'll make a pretty cool paperweight...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 01-22-2014 at 10:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is cool! I never had the chance to shoot type 55 as I just got into lf. I was actually on the fence debating if I should plop down the cash ($159ish used)for the fuji 145 holder that shoots the smaller film format. I'd much prefer shooting full 4x5 if I could. I must keep an eye out for a nos 545 holder now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by swhiser View Post
    Gentlemen-

How may I be of service?

-Sam
    new55project.com
    Take my money, please!

Seriously though thanks for dropping in and if you're willing to keep us updated on what's going on that would be awsome. I'll do everything I can to help spread the good word and drum up interest in the project.

Also: The idea of making a non-roller holder for shooting in the field is KILLER. A lightweight plastic or aluminum holder with a bunch of New 55 and a 4x5 camera would blow my mind.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sweet. 55 was the first film-thing I ever shot in my first 4x5 almost 30 years ago. I still have the print.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin