Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,340   Online: 842

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Return To D76 & Tri-X

Having tried Acufine and Rodinal recently and posted my results here (think I screwed up on the 1:50 Rodinal dilution, so will retry that at some other time), I mixed up a fresh batch of D76 yesterday and put my recently self-refurbished Canon FTb w/ FD 50 1.4 lens thru it today. All I can say is, D76, I missed ya! While I love the grain in Rodinal, and it's hard to beat Acufine's sharpness & cleanness, D76 and Tri-X really are perfect together. Also, this FD 50 1.4 chrome nose lens rocks. Who knew? Shot at box speed (200 w/ Y. filter)

D76 is all about the tones, to me anyway. I accidentally developed this full strength at the 1+1 times (9 1/2 minutes at 70 degrees) instead of the 6 1/2 minutes Kodak calls for. The photos look beautiful, which is another great thing about D76. It's hard to mess things up. Love this developer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small9.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	79970

Name:	small22.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	79971

Name:	small 3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	540.9 KB 
ID:	79972

Name:	small 5.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	79973

Name:	small 10.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	439.9 KB 
ID:	79974

Shooter
    35mm
    I like Ilford ID-11 Plus better. It's the same thing as D-76, but w/a sequestering agent that keeps the dissolved silver from replating itself back onto the film--cleaner look. Chip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, i agree its a hard to beat combo.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I like Ilford ID-11 Plus better. It's the same thing as D-76, but w/a sequestering agent that keeps the dissolved silver from replating itself back onto the film--cleaner look.
    I used ID-11 Plus for a while around the time it was introduced in the US. But it was discontinued long ago.

Anyway, TX/D-76 is the staff of life. Long may it live!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a respect for TX and D-76, and have used it a good many times in the 43 years since the first time I bought my GAF tank. But once I tried Microdol 1:3, it was like moving from pouring ketchup on my steak and having it with A1 instead.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    I used ID-11 Plus for a while around the time it was introduced in the US. But it was discontinued long ago.

Anyway, TX/D-76 is the staff of life. Long may it live!
    My lab said the were using ID-11 plus when I started w/them some yrs back. I had no ida it was discontinued. I used lots of iit when I was shooting 100+ rolls during the spring & summer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    My lab said the were using ID-11 plus when I started w/them some yrs back. I had no ida it was discontinued. I used lots of iit when I was shooting 100+ rolls during the spring & summer.
    Evidently it was discontinued around 1995, as per this discussion list post from 1999:

ILFORD ID 11 Plus was discontinued about 4 years ago because it was found
    that Cinnamic acid disulfide appeared to reduce the film speed of some new
    technology films.

http://www.usask.ca/lists/alt-photo-...ct99/0358.html

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Evidently it was discontinued around 1995, as per this discussion list post from 1999:

ILFORD ID 11 Plus was discontinued about 4 years ago because it was found
    that Cinnamic acid disulfide appeared to reduce the film speed of some new
    technology films.

http://www.usask.ca/lists/alt-photo-...ct99/0358.html
    If it was discontinued it was "FIXED" and reintroduced because it's still available....

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp?n=28

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Developer.html
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    If it was discontinued it was "FIXED" and reintroduced because it's still available....

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp?n=28

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Developer.html
    The product you've linked is plain ID-11 which, like its close relative D-76, has been available since approximately forever. ID-11 Plus was a variant of ID-11 which had a silver sequestering agent added.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The product you've linked is plain ID-11 which, like its close relative D-76, has been available since approximately forever. ID-11 Plus was a variant of ID-11 which had a silver sequestering agent added.
    Oh!!! I see, interesting history. Thanks for explaining.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin