Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,419   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I used one for a while and loved it.

Another idea someone mentioned on another forum was to use a tape recorder to record your own voice counting down from your usual development time. You could customise it for contracted or expanded development to suit, and you can also customise an extra bit on the end of development times for your stop bath timing and fixing. Rewind to the start and do it all again next time. Makes good sense to me.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    I forgot to mention that it gives a time every minute counting down, every ten seconds under one minute, and then the last ten seconds to zero, then beeps for a minute.
    Does it speak the remaining time every minute even if the remaining time is 15 minutes? I've found a talking timer but the description said that the timer announces every minute for last 10 minutes.

My friend made a CD with sound every 15 seconds. With a decent sound editor, such can be made quite easily. But I usually play music and don't want to have a second CD player in my darkroom. (Actually, I use a DVD player with CD-R's with MP3 files so that I can print 6 hours straight)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As for me, I have a girlfriend who nags me reliable every 30 seconds. I'm thinking of putting her up on eBay......

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji
    Does it speak the remaining time every minute even if the remaining time is 15 minutes? I've found a talking timer but the description said that the timer announces every minute for last 10 minutes.
    No, it only speaks in the last 10 minutes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    As for me, I have a girlfriend who nags me reliable every 30 seconds. I'm thinking of putting her up on eBay......

-Mike
    How much? I might be interested to hear a lady nag you every 30 seconds Mike.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    No, it only speaks in the last 10 minutes.
    well I bought one today... her voice would be sexy if it wasn't piped through whatever it uses for a speaker!

Like many things in life... there's a workaround! If you leave it running after it's reached 00:00:00, it beeps for 1min (very annoying to listen to for a whole minute), keeps counting the 'overtime' and starts anouncing '2 mins over' and so on, so it will effectively be able to time 20mins in 1min 'alarms'. After 10min (EDIT) it next indicates 20mins over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin