Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,162   Online: 1254

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I Must Be a Pro Now!

I developed 2 rolls in one night! Back when I did my first roll of film, it took 30 mins to get it on the reel. Now if it takes 5 mins I am not happy because it is taking so long! I usually can load it in 2 to 3 mins.

I did my first non Kodak Tri-X roll. I shot a test roll of Delta 3200 and developed it in stock D-76. Just eyeballing the negatives looks pretty good to me. Strong images there that hopefully look as good printed/scanned as they do on the film. The Delta 3200 was even easier to get onto the reel, as it has less curl. Also a lot less purple!

Hopefully next weekend I can shoot some Acros and try that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great! I have done 2 rolls in one day and the next day ruin 2 rolls!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations. Don't you love it when things go right? But like Jeff said, watch out for that feel-good feeling. It can be fleeting. I think today's definition of a pro is a soccer mom who buys $3000 worth of digital kit and immediately goes out shooting weddings and babies.

I always get my 35mm films started on the reels before they go into the change bag. Before I do that, I give the beginning of the roll some bending in the opposite direction of the curl to help things along.

With 120 I have no trouble loading in the bag.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin