Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,458   Online: 1114

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    This is what my new Rodinal Bottle instructions tell me:........
    The times on your bottle are for the old emulsion.

I would not be surprised if Agfa bring it into Australia only once every few years, since it lasts so well. They certainly did so in the past, and photographers were alarmed when the new bottles (at the time) were pale in comparison to what they had been using.

Since then, I believe that the formula has changed at least once and possibly twice. It is essentially the same, they say. If you're interested in this, there was a thread on rec.photo.darkroom years ago which could be found perhaps with some difficulty. I think that Michael Gudzinowicz was one contributor, if you do a search.

And what is Ektol?
    <groan, not another developer to test in the endless quest?>

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think she might mean XTOL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IIRC, there was an Ektol developer, don't know if it's still available, only to pro labs, or if it's really Ektanol... my memory grows fuzzy.

I have some APX400 lying around, including one roll exposed in an Oly 35SP, and have ordered some more. I have both Rodinal & DDX, and while I love Rodinal, I have heard such good things about DDX that I planned to process the first roll of APX in DDX.

I have one roll of Agfapan processed in Rodinal 1:50 but with very minimal agitation and at 24C. The minimal agitation allows this dilute developer to give delicate highlight separation while maintaining reasonable grain. As mentioned, the grain of film developed in Rodinal is very sharp, yielding high acutance. In my mind, Rodinal provides the best balance of what I am looking for in a negative. But I have been away from darkroom work for so long that I need to reestablish my workflow. I currently have no printing facilities, so can only process the film and look at the negatives under a loupe.

Earl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin