Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,610   Online: 1148

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Glycin sold anywhere other than photographer's formulary?

I buy my chemicals from Artcraft which does not carry (nor will get) Glycin. Formulary's $hipping is sky high. Anywhere else to get it?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It all comes from the Formulary. Nobody else makes it except some high school student in Europe that we haven't heard from in a while.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sadly Glycin is what is called an orphan chemical along with the developing agents Atomal and chlorohydroquinone. They are orpahns because no one makes them commercially any more. Their one and only use was as developing agents and when the demand diminished all production ceased. The only one of the three that was irreplaceable was the chlorohydroquine which was a fine grain developing agent used in several warm tone paper developers and Ethol's UFG film developer. There is no real substitute.

Glycin was a trade name for p-hydroxyphenylglycine and is usually capitalized to distinguish it from the amino acid glycine. Its IUPAC name is 2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)aminoacetic acid and its CAS number is 122-87-2. Glycin is related to Metol both being N-sunstituted p-aminophenols. They behave very similarly as developing agents. But due to having a lower redox potential Glycin is slower in its action.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Glycin still has parents in Montana
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Some day hopefully in my lifetime, some smart individual will come up with a way to grind up and boil computers and digital cameras to get the developing chemicals out of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    moersch-photochemie.de/moersch/webroot/files/SUVATLAR%20Preisliste%20online%202013.pdf

I suppose the shipping costs EU-US are as high as US-EU... too bad

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got it at work, but it's $440/kg iirc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    try citichemical..they sell to everyone else
    best,peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I buy my chemicals from Artcraft which does not carry (nor will get) Glycin. Formulary's $hipping is sky high. Anywhere else to get it?
    Mike has been threatening to have it made in England..He won't buy from formulary. If enough people pester him about it, he might get some made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm puzzled. I lb from Formulary is $79. Shipping is $20.20 to Texas. What is the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin