Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,785   Online: 991

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would agree that, as always, testing it yourself is the only way to really tell. Although exact testing with two different films in the same conditions isn't very easy for me. Most of my photo excursions include an accompanying 4 year old boy who has limited patience for his dad setting up tripods and messing around with IR filters on one camera, let alone two. I just wanted to point out that Rollei's own published data sheets for these films suggest they are the same.

I will certainly be doing some testing with Retro 400s to see if it performs as well as IR400 in the infrared end which is what I want to use it for.

Apart from IR, I'm about to standardise on all Ilford products as far as film goes. With a student discount at Silverprint and bulk rolling my own film I can get HP5+ and FP4+ for just over £3 a roll 35mm and under £4 for 120. That will do for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > Infrared alongside Aviphot pan400s

This brings in mind what I knew at a time: Aviphot pan 400 is discontinued by Agfa. The older versions of 400s contained this film. To remain the name Aviphot pan was / is sold using the same name.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > Infrared alongside Aviphot pan400s

This brings in mind what I knew at a time: Aviphot pan 400 is discontinued by Agfa. The older versions of 400s contained this film. To remain the name Aviphot pan was / is sold using the same name.

Last summer I did test fresh IR 400S. R400S and SP200s in 120 format without filter and with RG715 Filter. 3 rolls of each film had ben exposed by a Bronica SQA with 3 magazins. Every time the same camera position, the same lens ,the same exposure time the same f stop for all 3 films. I developed the films in a Paterson tank with 3 reels. Every reel contained a different film with the same exposures.

After inspection of the negatives of 3 times 3 films I can say: IR 400S. R400S and SP200s produced the same results. I could not find a difference. The films provided about 100 ASA without filter.

Some years ago the films (120 format) had been different. In this time IR400S produced the best results.

Today there is only a remarkable difference in the quality of the packing. The IR400S is packed high quality like Ilford films. The packing of R400S and SP200S can not match this quality.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the region beyond 750nm the Aviphot Pan 200 and Aviphot 400 S are not that far off and depending on situation might yield similar densities.

The latter though should be a true ISO 400 film without filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting thread. I think i may have to try retro400s. My film of choice has been another from rollei; the RPX400. Last year, i ordered 20 rolls from my supplier here in France and some them arrived with R400s stickers either on the film itself or on the black canister. I reported it to the seller and he assured me after a some time that it is indeed RPX400. I dont have any of the other films to compare it with but that batch pretty much behaved the same as my previous experiences with RPX. Maybe thats also the reason why they changed the packaging for this film? No more confusions in the packing line? Hope i didnt add another film in the suspect lineup.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin