Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,580   Online: 1076

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

When is Ilfords special order date?

I want to place orders for 2x3 sheet film to use with my Graflex Century and was wondering if anyone knows when the the special film ordering takes places at Ilford?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Joey,

The annual ULF run usually starts in April when the product lists are issued ( and when representations can be made for 'special' sizes to be made, for sheet film items only HARMAN commit to make any item even if the order is only for one ) orders are usually placed by our end user customers with our ULF re-seller partners up to the end of June, then our ULF re-seller partners place the orders with our Distributors, the orders are manufactured at our factory during late July / early August, then shipped to our worldwide distributors usually arriving in North American markets by early September. Please note, due to the costs incurred, this annual run requiries to be sanctioned and approved by our Board of Directors, this is scheduled for discussion at the end of January.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope to participate in the next one
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon,
    Thank you for the great info. I love Pan F + in 120 form and would very much like to get 2x3 sheets of it. Looking forward to hearing more details.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Joey,

PAN F+ in sheet film is often asked for.....But whilst 'never say never' I cannot imagine the circumstances where it would ever be made.

I have commented on this many times, we have very, very flexible manufacture, we can actually coat lower volume items at ultra high quality more efficiently than 'probably' any other photographic production coating machine.

BUT the lowest volume of coated material would generate approx 193,600 sheets of 5 x 4 material, along with the waste from scale ups, it would be in the region of 4 to 5 times ( I did the math and recall that number ) the cost of FP4+ or HP5+ not allowing for waste..that costing also does not take into account any 'write off' for material that would go out of date and that would need to be destroyed, and out of date it would most certainly go before the usable date.

Sorry.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I know is Pan F + is my favorite film to use for all my black and white work (which is all I do). If I need higher speed film I shoot Delta 100 or 400, but I like to work with low speed film 95% of the time.

Joey

Shooter
    35mm
    If it's 2x3 you're after in Pan-F, why not cut your own from 120? 2" is less than the width of a roll of 120 so it is possible to cut 120 down to the size you're after. I'd recommend building some sort of a jig first though to get the size you want,and there will be some waste too I suppose.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would just get a graflock back and a couple of roll film backs for your Century. Less hassle and you then have more choices of films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So you would need about a 1000 customers ordering 200 sheets avg each, Simon? are the numbers for any special orders - 4x5 or 120 the same?

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was looking on Freestyle yesterday and they showed 2x3 FP4+ and HP5+ in stock. I have HP5+ in my cart, but haven't actually placed the order yet.

No PanF, but I'm grateful for those 2 choices.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin