Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,399   Online: 769

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Experiences using Agfa MCC 111 for lith printing?

I'd be interested to hear from people who used/use original Agfa MCC 111

OR

Adox MCC110

Or, even better,

Who have used both for Lith.

Thanks!
    Phil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got 10 sheets of Agfa MCC110, which I've been meaning to try for ages. I believe it does lith but that it takes a very long time to come up (45 minutes was mentioned).

I think early batches of the Adox paper lathed but later ones didn't.

I think Tim Rudman's latest lith materials update mentioned the Adox paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The original Agfa MCC was great for lith about 15 years ago. If gave lots of contrast but smooth tones with yellow/reddish mid tones. The strange thing was that (to me) it never seemed very pliable. It had one look unlike say Forte Polywarmtone which could be anything from gritty gritty to fine smooth tones. The Agfa was great in keeping consistent look in prints and I did quite a bit of printing for fashion clients with it.

At some point, the formulation must have changed as it suddenly went far more gritty so I stopped using it for lith. (This happened to another great lith paper Process Lith which later changed into Fotospeed Lith and by then had gone all gritty.) Have tried the Adox MCC for lith and was more on the gritty side though did get a print I quite liked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    The original Agfa MCC was great for lith about 15 years ago. If gave lots of contrast but smooth tones with yellow/reddish mid tones. The strange thing was that (to me) it never seemed very pliable. It had one look unlike say Forte Polywarmtone which could be anything from gritty gritty to fine smooth tones. The Agfa was great in keeping consistent look in prints and I did quite a bit of printing for fashion clients with it.

At some point, the formulation must have changed as it suddenly went far more gritty so I stopped using it for lith. (This happened to another great lith paper Process Lith which later changed into Fotospeed Lith and by then had gone all gritty.) Have tried the Adox MCC for lith and was more on the gritty side though did get a print I quite liked.
    Mike, do you remember which Agfa box lith'd well and if the change coincided with a change in the box the paper comes in?

(ps. we need to contact Webster's about a verb entry for lith)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have a box of 16x20 MCC 118 which i have lithed and it works really well. its right it takes about 45 minutes to come up and the blacks don't massively accelerate which i like because you can leave it in a bit longer while you wait for some of the highlight detail to come back in. you get lovely pastel beigee colours with this paper, im assuming its the same with 111 but just with a different surface finish.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Mike, do you remember which Agfa box lith'd well and if the change coincided with a change in the box the paper comes in?

(ps. we need to contact Webster's about a verb entry for lith)
    Sorry for not replying sooner, noticed this when searching for another thread I replied to. It was definitely not the later MCC. I know they had a box design change when it went from being a tasteful Agfa box to a one with big words and a big BW photo on it. By then we had stopped using it for lith I expect though was great for all other printing!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It liths great. In LD20 and Moersch it goes a sandy brown / tan colour. MCC 118 works as well in my experience. I never had to wait 45 min for a print, but I suppose it depends on the dilution of your developer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin