Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,001   Online: 849

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Images
    Rate it at 200 and develop in Diafine.

http://www.beststuff.com/forum/downl...ile=Sintra.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodinal 1:50 13 min (I'm so original...)
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    seems to work well in anything. Ive used ID1 which is fine or pyrocat HD to Aculx 2, which had great tonality....pretty flexible I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    /LONG RAMBLING ON

Looks like I have some work to do this weekend. Some good starting points. I used to use Rodinal for everything but when I started shooting more LF stuff, I found PMK works great for what I was shooting (mainly landscape and some portraiture). Since its a hobby, I didn't mind spending the time to fine tune things to do what I want my prints to look like and not worry about making $$ of this hobby

The reason I started this whole thread is my MF prints doesn't have the same look as my LF prints. Since I wasn't getting anywhere fast with a particular test printing session, I had to blow off some steam. So took a break to see what all you people were doing for developing negs. Just started playing with MF so I am discovering how things are the same and show things aren't the same. Discovered things didn't translate as well from LF to MF with PMK. So I will start with the basics again ... neg exposure and development.

My negs have decent density and contacts looks good but upon enlarging, I loose much of the nice graduation I expected and want. I know from my old days with a condenser setup, the contrast due to Callier effects(?) made things a touch more difficult to print what I imagined and saw.

Maybe its my itching to get to do some more experimenting with more stuff I was wondering also, who was using the TEA and DS-* formulations and how they were working out. Been wanting to try them but getting the chemicals, especially the TEA up here in Canada, is a pain.

/LONG RAMBLING OFF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well in preferance Rodinal at 1:50 or when I need N+1, N+2 then 2:75

But I found Rodinal uneconomic for my 5x4's and now use Xtol on a replenishment basis, there's no differance in neg quality, and the resulting prints match perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't used Xtol for a couple of years now, since the stock solution died on me rather quickly ... less than 6 months, the last time I used it. I have some powder sitting around, so maybe off to the races again

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It is a lovely film, I have been happy with it in DiXactol and PMK so surprised by your comment reporting dissatisfaction. Shame still not done in 5x4 of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the 4x5 version (still have a few sheets left in the freezer) but for some odd reason, the prints off the 120 size is lacking tonal range compared to my 4x5 negs. I am stubborn and I like the film well enough so I am going to find out whats up with some different developers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    I love the 4x5 version (still have a few sheets left in the freezer) but for some odd reason, the prints off the 120 size is lacking tonal range compared to my 4x5 negs. I am stubborn and I like the film well enough so I am going to find out whats up with some different developers
    Think I have about 10 sheets 5x4 left, still using APX25 in 120 about 20 rolls left.

The good thing about APX100 is with zone system tests and all my experience I can use it at 100iso and get superb tonality, sharpness & fine grain. I can get equally good results with Tmax50, oh sorry I meant Tmax100 which I always rate at 50iso

I just wish APX25 was available in 5x4 & 10x8, even AP25 would do that was superb, still have some left . . . in 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never shot too much of the APX25 but what I did, I liked. I liked how APX25, Rodinal, and Brovira made such a nice combo. I was not happy when they discontinued the 4x5. I was even less happy when I couldn't get a straight answer from the distributor here in Canada and before I could get anymore, it was all gone. Think of trying the slow stuff from JandC just to see what its like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin