Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,593   Online: 938

Shooter
    Medium Format

Re-doing selenium toning

I'm putting together a series of prints on Ilford FB warm-tone. These are being selenium toned.

If I later decide that one particular print needs a bit *more* toning, after it has already been toned, washed, dried, flattened etc, is it safe to repeat the selenium toning process for that print with an aim to increase the toning effect?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. As long as no other toning process was performed on it as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great, thanks. Hopefully I won't need to re-do the process, but it's nice to have the option up my sleeve should I decide that one print in the series is a little lacking in toning once I've finished.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could even later brown toner after Se if you wanted to as well. Almost nobody tones in selenium until completion (same with brown toning).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin