Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,335   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyrocat Hd

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pyrocat Hd

I know this may have been asked before, but I am looking at other developers with the demise of kodak. So I found a 2 part liquid mix of Pyrocat HD from Bostick and Sullivan. Has anyone used this before? And what dilution did you use? I have seen mixing instructions for the powder, but not the liquid. I would like a 1000ml mix if possible.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kodak developers are still being made and sold. Just bought another bottle of Tmax Developer today!
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Napoleon,

I think you are slightly misinformed. There's no Demise of kodak... It's still around... There are many developers that are great and I know you had another thread on Tmax so not sure why you would change from that?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are hundreds of post about Pyrocat developer on this forum, do a search and you will find all the information that you need to get started.

As Stone said, Kodak have not left us yet and have by the way not made any developers for a long time. Other companies have been making developers for Kodak the last several years. Champion for the longest time but it looks like German Tetenal have taken over from Champion.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    There are hundreds of post about Pyrocat developer on this forum, do a search and you will find all the information that you need to get started.

As Stone said, Kodak have not left us yet and have by the way not made any developers for a long time. Other companies have been making developers for Kodak the last several years. Champion for the longest time but it looks like German Tetenal have taken over from Champion.
    To clarify, this is confusing for those not familiar with how "it all works" basically they (Kodak) contract someone else to mix their formulas, so it's still the Kodak designed developer, just mixed by someone else.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, parts of Kodak still live, and I have no trouble getting their developers here in Australia. That said, the Pyrocat is an excellent and economical developer. If your packs are the same as the ones that I get, the total stock solution is 500ml.
    The part B, potassium carbonate, is ready mixed, and the part A chemicals are together in dry form...just add water! I use distilled water at about 50 deg. C and dissolve the part A chems then put back in the bottle that it came in.
    The stock solution is then diluted 1:1:100....or that's how I do it. Mostly I take 10ml part A, 10ml part B, and add to 1 liter of water and Bob's your Aunty.
    Good luck with it, and you will find most of the developing times in the Massive Developing Chart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because I am having loads of trouble finding anything but D-76. Also I want to try new stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also sorry about all the confusion over kodak.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have used this developer for some time. altho, i have used the liquid version.
    Also, used it with 35mm up to 4x5 (which when i started , folks scratched their heads). ALso, use semi-stand and tested for times.
    off the top of my head I don't remember the amounts, but you should be able to find that here on another thread.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Ann I use Pyrocat HD for all formats 35mm to LF and I find it's excellent for small formats.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin