Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,336   Online: 795

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    If I was going to do what it seems to me you want to do is first I would shoot on 35mm Kodak Tmax 3200 or Ilford Delta 3200 and I would process the film in beutlers or Rodinal 1-100 and I would process it so that it needs a contrast boost in printing. Then I would print it on a high contrast setting with VC paper.
    They don't make Kodak 3200 anymore... Delta it is! Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

How do you analysis that gallery image ?

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...atid=newimages

I have impressed with that image very much. Owner says it was Olympus XA and set to 400 asa and early dark morning , ordered lab d76 1:1 one stop push development.

I am putting a copy here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan-140124-06-2000.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	80918

Photographer is Mlehrman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like way over sharpened/scanning artifacts.

Why don't you just try the same thing? Underexpose your Tri-X and push (ie overdevelop) in D-76 1:1.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There is only color Fuji Film here, Michael. And due to dollar gained %40 in one month , I have to stop ten times to import film. If I become extremelly sure if something works out , I will invest money and 5 weeks waiting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. People draw way too many conclusions about films and developers based on posted scans of negatives etc. You can't really tell anything that way.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. People draw way too many conclusions about films and developers based on posted scans of negatives etc. You can't really tell anything that way.
    True, that image looks like another I posted with a woman in it, but to avoid issues and out of respect for Mustafa's perspective and beliefs I won't post it here.

But D3200 film will do just fine, or pushing Tri-x to 1600 in Rodinal (which I've done) will work.

Sorry about the cost gain, strange that the dollar to us has fallen to crazy lows... Yet still high compared to many countries.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Is it possible to gain high acutance with Pyro Developer ?

Is it possible to gain high acutance with Pyro Developer ? I think pyro is the only developer I would use in many styles.

ps.Stone ,I am still taking pictures with my Bolex C8 and its an endless endavour. After some try with norwood director , I found it is strange and I am not so intelligent to solve it. I decided to use my XA as a Lightmeter. Its strange to hold bolex with left hand , looking with right eye and taking with right hand and cable. Dollar was 1:1 and now 1:2.4 in 5 years or longer.

ps2. Michael , I dont have any chance to see these chemicals , processes effects without internet and screen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...atid=newimages

I have impressed with that image very much. Owner says it was Olympus XA and set to 400 asa and early dark morning , ordered lab d76 1:1 one stop push development.

I am putting a copy here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan-140124-06-2000.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	80918

Photographer is Mlehrman.
    Mustafa,
    Now I understand what look you are going after. The XA will be fine for an image like that. I was thinking you were after critically sharp high resolution negatives with a hint of grain. What your after can be made with higher speed films like Foma 400, which has fairly well defined grain, and push processing. Also, a little more vigorous agitation might help make the grain more noticeable also. I mentioned Foma 400 simply because it has grain, but the pattern doesn't seem as random as some films are. Also, I'd still use something like Rodinal or a Metol type developer with very little sodium sulfite and more sodium carbonate.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you JWPhoto and all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rather than Pyro I'd again suggest a dilute Metol formula such as a Beutler-type (as suggested by Gerald above) or FX-1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin