Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,281   Online: 939

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Grain (grit) and acutance are a contradiction in terms. What about trying to achieve a fine grain high acutance image and then use a grain screen when you print it.
    That's what threw me, he's not after fine grain. Just sharp grain! JohnW

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd classify D-23 as a relatively low-acutance "silver solvent" developer, so you might want to scratch that choice from your list.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you all ,

I loved the attached pictures qualities very much but Michael warned me as it could be unsharp masking. I wanted from owner to look his negatives with a loupe and report back. Lets talk about what we have in hand , is 1/1 D76 1 stop push process results like that picture or is it impossible ?

Thanks for everything again,
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess the short answer is yes it is possible (because D-76 1:1 with a one stop push is the process the poster used), but I still think most of what you were seeing there had more to do with scanning artefacts than the negative itself. No negative looks like that. It isn't analog granularity. It has more to do with what happens when you scan negatives.

You can also try D-76 1:3 with the one-stop push if you only have D-76. This should result in even more prominent grain than D-76 1:1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, here is a stupid idea... use a very small format and enlarge. Umut, did you get your 8mm movie camera working? Using a 400-speed film with an 8mm or 16mm (aka 110 film) negative can by quite grainy. I'm sure it's not quite the process you were thinking of. I did say it was a stupid idea.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Truzi,

Yes, I completed the camera from ebay and its like new , an Bolex C8 with yvar 13 mm with Foma Reversal film inside. Some say its capable to take 4000 or more pictures and I only shot 20 or less. Its hard to hold it with left hand , look with right eye and shot with cable. It has the smallest viewfinder I have ever seen. There are 3 or more films in the world and FOMA is extremelly contrasty. I am using it with 160 asa set at my olympus xa lightmeter. But if you can find old tri x and cheap lab it gives bw television grain , big grain but very underground , you know what do I mean. Well , weather is ugly , I dont sleep at nights and no photograph mood remains in the morning.

Take care,
    Umut

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin