Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,207   Online: 967

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paterson tank capacity

Does anyone know the volume of developer required for the Paterson 5-reel and 8-reel tanks?

Shooter
    35mm
    It should be written on the bottom of the tank I think, but as my largest Paterson is the 2x135 size I think you simply extrapolate from 290ml per 135-sized reel.

If it fits in with your chosen developer and dilution (regarding volume of dev per film) then you might also look at the Jobo tanks which require only 250ml per 135-sized reel. The Jobo tanks are also modular in design, which might prove convenient. They do pour less quickly though, so that should be considered in cases where a short dev time is required and you are trying to empty a litre or so of developer speedily.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    It should be written on the bottom of the tank
    +1.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps Keith hasn't got the big tanks and therefore can't look on the bottom?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    It should be written on the bottom of the tank I think, but as my largest Paterson is the 2x135 size I think you simply extrapolate from 290ml per 135-sized reel.
    That's what I use and 2 litres of stock Microphen for a 5 reel doing 20 films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    Perhaps Keith hasn't got the big tanks and therefore can't look on the bottom?
    Thanks pdeeh.
    I have x2 two-reel tanks, but I am looking at the 5-reel and 8-reel tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both the 5 and the 8 reel tanks. They both have the same requirements. 290ml/10 oz per 35mm, 500ml/17.5 oz per 120/220. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    I have both the 5 and the 8 reel tanks. They both have the same requirements. 290ml/10 oz per 35mm, 500ml/17.5 oz per 120/220. Bill Barber
    Of course it is, I had a bit of a brain fart today.

Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin