Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,151   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Container suggestions needed

I am just getting back to film after a fairly long hiatus with digital. The camera is in for a tune up and expected back shortly. I located all my darkroom equipment and everything appears to be in good shape. The only missing items were the storage bottles for chemicals (I have no idea what they could have been used for in the interim). I was trying to remember the number and sizes. I typically only use one film developer and one paper developer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle photo
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Squeezable plastic drink bottles for the quantity you wish to store, but relabelled as such.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use 1L seltzer bottles and a sharpie to label them. They also burp fairly easily so as you use it up you just squeeze the bottle before capping it. Keeps chemicals well enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle is good but so is B&H.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like glass bottles, by the case!

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin1.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SRT-102 | XD-5 | XD-11 | XE-7 | Hi-Matic 9 | Hi-Matic 11 | Sears 35RF | Minolta 5D | Sony A300 | Mamiya C220 | Bronica SQ-a | Yashica YK | Minolta Maxxum 7000 | Pentax K1000 | Speed Graphic 23

http://blisslars.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ask your local chemist if he/she can supply you with glass bottles in sizes ranging from 100ml to 500ml - They normally come with child-proof caps and are fairly inexpensive. Just don't use those concertina things (they are a pig to keep clean and don't keep the air out).

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle 5L non-collapsible and the 1L and 2L accordion ones. They don't leak.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Just for reference, we didn't have collapsable drink bottles the last time I developed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Freestyle 5L non-collapsible and the 1L and 2L accordion ones. They don't leak.
    Accordion bottles allow air to seep in through the folds, I got rid of all mine for that reason. I use 250ml, 500ml, and 1L water bottles that I've relabled. Just about any plastic 1 or 2 liter soda bottles work, and are cheap(recycled). My favorite bottles are Fuji water 500ml and 1L square bottles.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin