Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,644   Online: 854

Shooter
    Medium Format

ISO400 film latitude comparison

Hi there,

this is probably old news but digital truth has a latitude comparison for 400 ISO films

http://www.maco-photo.de/files/image...00ISO_film.pdf

Cheers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is there a similar comparison for 100ISO film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks more like a film speed comparison. To find the latitude you need to also explore the other end (limits of over-exposure).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There seems to be a lot of base fog which would cut back on contrast and latitude. Looks like most of the film was overdeveloped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm

real speed

I suspect this tells us something about the actual speed of "ASA 400" film, and less about latitude. Some examples look overexposed so would look better down at the "underexposed" end.
    I took a Leica Flying Short Course a couple of times and they recommended negs be shot so they needed to be printed with a number four grade printing paper (not number four variable paper filter). So what does it all mean?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All the differences shown there could easily be the result of scanner calibration. Even if you are recalibrating for each roll, you'll end up with some variances. Specifically the Legacy Pro 400 scan looks sloppy to me (focus is off, blacks are smudgy). I agree that all the film looks over-developed, too...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin