Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,339   Posts: 1,682,160   Online: 1020

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    dont waste your time with the 120 100 ISO films.. just aweful. It's imprinted with frame number and dots all over the film. Very disappointing.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    dont waste your time with the 120 100 ISO films.. just aweful. It's imprinted with frame number and dots all over the film. Very disappointing.

Todd
    Todd, I couldn't agree more about the Ultrafine Plus 100 in 120, but this is a different film. This is Ultrafine Extreme 100 in 120 and hopefully a much better film than the "Plus" version. Of course, that wouldn't take much would it? Have you tried both the Ultrafine plus 100 and the newer Ultrafine Extreme 100 in 120 size?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry no.. after my experiance with last batch, I want noting to do with thier product in film anyway. Thier papers are pretty decent. I'll stick with Ilford Delta.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i asked ultrafine about the xtreme 100 in 120. They said it is the same emulsion as the 35mm film. Thats great news. this also gives us a little more info about who makes the film. Kentmere does not come in 120 sizes. but the ilford pan 100 and 400 does. the box of the 120 400 xtreme screams ilford.

Shooter
    35mm
    If made by Harman, they are perfectly capable of making a good and usable film which is measurably different to the other products - they are not trapped in to having a couple of emulsions to do everything! They are the world-leader in manufacturing black-and-white products to contract.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    i asked ultrafine about the xtreme 100 in 120. They said it is the same emulsion as the 35mm film. Thats great news. this also gives us a little more info about who makes the film. Kentmere does not come in 120 sizes. but the ilford pan 100 and 400 does. the box of the 120 400 xtreme screams ilford.
    I've never used Ilford Pan 100 or 400, but if it's truly the same emulsion as the Xtreme 100 135 film I'm in for sure. I really do like the Xtreme 100 135 stuff and the price is darn good in bulk anyway. I was going to order another 100' of xtreme 100 in 35mm tonight and might just have them throw in a couple of rolls of Xtreme 100 in 120 just to try with some pyro developer. The 35mm Xtreme in Pyrocat-MC or WD2D+ is very, very nice. I got my fingers crossed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what times do you use for the x100 in pyro? I have some pyro HD but have yet to use it with the xtreme.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    I've never used Ilford Pan 100 or 400, but if it's truly the same emulsion as the Xtreme 100 135 film I'm in for sure. I really do like the Xtreme 100 135 stuff and the price is darn good in bulk anyway. I was going to order another 100' of xtreme 100 in 35mm tonight and might just have them throw in a couple of rolls of Xtreme 100 in 120 just to try with some pyro developer. The 35mm Xtreme in Pyrocat-MC or WD2D+ is very, very nice. I got my fingers crossed!

It won't be the same as Ilford Pan 100 or 400, because Harman refuses to sell any of there Ilford or Kentmere labelled film with any other labeling.

But the films could be similar.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It won't be the same as Ilford Pan 100 or 400, because Harman refuses to sell any of there Ilford or Kentmere labelled film with any other labeling.

But the films could be similar.
    Well, I guess I'm back to waiting for somebody else to try it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    what times do you use for the x100 in pyro? I have some pyro HD but have yet to use it with the xtreme.
    I used Pyrocat-MC at 9 min/9 1/2min(can't remember offhand) @ 73 degrees, but my highlights/contrast seemed a little high. So, the next time I use it I'll go for 7 1/2 min and see if I like it. The scenes were bright lite snow scenes so it was pushing it a bit. The WD2D+ shots were near perfect right out of the gate. JohnW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin