Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,504   Online: 914

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Who makes Ultrafine, Ultrafine Plus, and Ultrafine Xtreme Films?

Does anyone know who is the manufacturer of these B +W Films?
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are rebranded films they could be anything. The actual films sold do change with time. Whatever the company can get in sufficient quantity they will sell.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe they're Chinese.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I believe they're Chinese.
    They look too good for that. Ultrafine 125 may be a PX. Extreme looks like a Kentmere or less known in America Ilford Pan 100 & 400.
    http://darkroom.ru/info/manuals/ilfo...manual_eng.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also think they are to good to be chinese. The xtreme 100 in 35mm is a very very nice film. and I love reversal precessing it. a thing of beauty. But it did take a while to get competent developing times as there is very little info out there (yes, even on massive). as expected, Ultrafine will not give out ANY info on who makes it. I just asked them for a country of manufacturing. Nothing. I asked if they could recomend a similar film as a place to start. Nothing. I should stop using it. but its really a good film. and for less than $40 for 100 feet (shipping and tax) its a great bargin

also, the Xtreme 400 in 120 is really nice. But RUN dont walk from the 100 speed 120 film. That is garbage

Shooter
    35mm
    What destroya said about the 100 speed 120 film, only triple it.

Unless you want a super cheap film to test a new to you camera and just need to make sure it works, it's still awful film and a waste. Ecept for those who love clumpy ugly grain and having the paper backing dots/numbers in every single shot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What detroya said about the about the 100 speed 120 film only triple it. Junk, absolute junk and it has to hurt their reputation!

Shooter
    35mm
    What dev time for Ultrafine 125 in 35mm in ID-11, please? By the way, I esed some Chinese film {Shanghai 400} many yrs ago and it was a nice film, but both ends of the roll had light -leaks from he factory.
    y
    t
    h
    e
    Last edited by chip j; 02-03-2014 at 09:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    What dev time for Ultrafine 125 in 35mm in ID-11, please? By the way, I esed some Chinese film {Shanghai 400} many yrs ago and it was a nice film, but both ends of the roll had light -leaks from he factory.
    y
    t
    h
    e
    I don't know about the Ultrafine 125, but the Ultrafine Extreme 100 35mm is great film. Very nice to scan a film that lies flat, all by itself, in the carrier. Decent grain structure also and it's a conventional film that likes my WD2D+ pyro developer. Most of the Chinese films I've tried( Shanghai and Chinese ERA 4x5 film) were excellent, but what ever Ultrafine 100 in 120 is it is just plain junk. Numbers bleed through and mottled emulsion, which looks like mold or animals growing in the gelatin. Did I say this film was Junk? The Warehouse does have some good film at very good prices, but the Ultrafine 100 in 120 IS NOT OnE OF THEM. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't used the Ultrafine 100 / 120, but from what I'm reading, everyone is describing the Shanghai 100 / 120 dots-on-emulsion problem.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin