Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,769   Online: 962

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Favorites: Ilford Delta 100 b&w, Fuji Superia Reala color print, and Fuji Provia 100 slide.

Most detested: Fuji Velvia. I am so fed up with photography magazines displaying readers' and pros' landscape photographs' sickening over-saturated colors, I could vomit! One would suspect they all have a history of swallowing LSD or Mescaline and have a chronic need to duplicate the effects in their photographs! Stop before I gag, dudes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Favoutite:Foma-I´ve just switched to it,and it looks GREAT,especially the 100 speed.
    Least favourite:Kodak royal supra-the original supra was my favourite colour print film,but the new version seems to be merely a slight improvement on royal gold.
    Cheapest:I can´t remember the name of,but it isn´t available anymore anyway!
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    B&W
    Favorite: Kodak 400TMax (TMY)
    Least Favorite: Kodak 100TMax (TMX)

Color
    All Time Favorite: Kodak Pro 100T (PRT - no longer made)
    Favorite Currently Manufactured: Kodak Ektachrome 64T (EPY)
    Least Favorite: Fuji Velvia

I really have no idea about relative cost.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Favorites: Velvia 50, Velvia F100, Provia F100, Ektachrome 100 VS. I've played around with Efke PL100, but don't have an opinion of it yet. I see no reason to shoot anything else.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorites so far:

B&W: Ilford FP4+, Pan F
    Color: Velvia 50

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've only recently started doing b&w so I'm still experimenting with films.

B&W: FP4+, love it in 6x7 but too grainy in 35mm. Experimenting with acros.

Colour slide (everything): Provia 100F, very nice saturated but not over the top colours, fine grain. Brilliant all round film.

Films I avoid:
    Any colour agfa, nothing good about them
    T-max, not used it but heard bad things
    Fuji NPC, shot one roll and the red was way over the top and grainy
    Delta 100 and especially 400. Horrible tonality, some have good results with it though.

Film I want to try:

Portra 160VC/NC, skin tones look great from prints I've seen
    Fuji Acros, heard very good things. Looking to use it for 35mm instead of fp4+ for smaller grain, also interested to see how it compares to fp4+ since some have said it has a 'technical' look.

I agree with tbm, velvia for a lot of landscapes is often way over the top and some photographs I've seen make me want to puke. It can be useful for low contrast scenes without any bright colours though. Provia 100F is my choice.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    B/W films I like: FP4+, Tri-X 320, Tech Pan, Kodak HIE, Maco 820c IR (both kinds), Fuji Acros, Delta 3200

Color slide: Kodak EIR (cool stuff), Provia 100F, Velvia 100F (it isn't bad, though I've only shot a couple rolls of 35 mm)

Dislike:
    TMax 100, 400

Haven't made up my mind about: HP-5
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For what it's worth:

B&W - Agfa APX100, Ilford FP4+, J&C400
    Color - Kodak Ektachrome E200, Agfa RSX100, Fuji Velvia, Agfa Ultra100.

dislike - Agfa consumer color film

- Thom
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford Pan F Plus is my favorite all time film. Especially in medium format. But I also love HP5 Plus and, like Tony, I use more of it than Pan F. Overall, in the past I've used more Kodak Tri-X than any film ever. Reasons? Pan F because it's pretty. HP5 because it's handsome. Tri-X because...well, it's reliable, predictable and boringly consistent.

What films do I dislike? The only films I've used that I truly hated were the TMaxes--100 and 400. I just don't see the purpose of using these films. They're not easy for me to expose or process properly, they eat up fixer and they don't come close to looking as good as Pan F, HP5 or Tri-X. That's just my opinion, of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot color film. I haven't shot any in over a year so it's easy to forget. My favorites back then were Fuji Sensia 100 and 400 and Kodak Elitechrome 100. The Fuji films were the cheaper consumer versions of Astia and Provia 400F and the Kodak film was the cheaper consumer version of Ektachrome 100VS. Prior to this, I loved Kodachrome. As for negative color film, anything on sale at the local discount store is fine to me. I never got excited about color negative film.

The only color film I dislike was the old, long discontinued Agfa CT50 slide film. I actually liked it a lot when I shot it back in the early 70's. Twenty years later, every single slide made on this wretched film had faded away to oblivion. Kodachrome and Ektachrome slides stored alongside it still looked good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin