Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,809   Online: 842

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Favourite Print Negative

I am sure this must have flogged to death like any good dead horse but I'm a newbie. New here so I'll ask what must be the standard question:

What's your favourite film?

What's your least favourite?

What's the cheapest?

I've used a lot of Ilford Hp5+ cuz it seems to be the cheapest but so far I really really like Agfapan. I have Fuji Neopan loaded in my camera on the recommendation of a friend. I have Ilford PanF+ in my bag which I wanna try next. I wasn't too impressed with Tmax.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a tough question. It depends on the circumstances, what I want to convey, the effect I want, etc. But I guess I will say that APX100 is my favorite film. I don't know about a "least favorite"... can I say having no film is my least favorite?Cheapest? I bought some orwo pan for $1 a roll.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Large Format
    ---Like----
    B&W: Kodak Plus-X, Tri-X, Tmax400, Ilford FP-4+, SFX200
    Color Transparency: Kodak Ektachrome E100G , Fuji Astia
    Color Print: Fuji Reala 100, Kodak Supra, Fuji Superia X-tra 400

---Don't like---
    Kodak Tmax100
    Ilford HP-5,
    Kodak Gold 400 & 800
    Velvia (gasp!)

----Cheapest-----
    just got 8 rolls of Gold 100 at a local drug store for $8.40 !
    Last edited by GaussianNoise; 02-11-2005 at 10:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    All time, all around favorite has to be Tri-X but I've been Using a lot of Efke R50 And KB100 lately and loving it. By a happy coincidence, JandC is selling short dated KB100 at a buck eighty nine a roll just when I was looking to stock up.

Least favorite? I never really liked Plus X when it was around.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&W: FP4+ (120,135), HP5+ (120) and Neopan 400 (135)
    Trying D400 and D3200 in 120
    Color slides Kodak Elitechrome 100 Extra Color.
    In fact it is better than Ektachrome 100 VS and cheaper too.
    When I'm forced to do colorprints I too use Fuji Reala 100.
    Cheap B&W: Not sure but films from Ex-eastern block countries seams quite cheap.
    I'm going to get me some Efke/adox to play with.
    Color slides: I believe that Elitechrome 100 EC gives the best performanc/price ratio.
    Regards Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [color=darkgreen]What's your favourite film?[/color] Ilford Pan F+ but the majority of my work is shot with HP5+

[color=darkgreen]What's your least favourite?[/color] Don't have a least favourite as they all have their uses depending on what I want to achieve.

[color=darkgreen]What's the cheapest?[/color] Depends on what offers my favourites costs when I buy them. Bulk buying makes the Ilford Pan F+ the cheapest for some reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the last three months I have used HP5+, mainly because of the lack of light. Come Spring/Summertime I will probably switch to FP4 and PAN F. Of the three I would say PAN F is my favourite.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never met a film I didn't like.

Ok I was kinda with 2 rolls of Silver Tone 400 that was supposed to be Agfa. (I has asked for APX400, thats what I get for not checking the cannisters)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The favourite ones: Ilford PanF+, exposed both as ASA 25 and 50, brewed in R09 Foma Rodinal and home-made Microphen 1+3; Ilford Delta 100, Fomapan 100 - the working horse, the film I use the most - excellent resolution, very good tone rendition, tight and crisp grain in R09, almost no grain in Microphen, some easy to forgive things - a bluish film base, a bit too curly when overdried ) It's pretty cheap here - about $1.5 per 120 roll. Russian films like Tasma, or the Ukrainian ones (Svema) are OK, the real old-style films - but the packing is awful, as it used to be in USSR times, and the quality depends completely on a stock number

The worst ones: All FORTE rollfilm line - it is really the evil crap, as one German site tells about it "das echter Dreck" The grain is like mud... well, a dried mud in pieces It doesn't even have any footage numbers, and its pinkish base (yes, not the remainder of antihalation layer), brittle and thin, just turns me from inside out! I bought a roll yesterday to check things out - you see, they claimed that they changed the film box design, the film base
    and emulsion type. It's all the same, too bad to describe I also want to throw an usual stone at Kodak colour negative line - I'm not sure if color means mostly red and blue, folks

Cheers from Moscow,
    Zhenya

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ilford FP4+. In all sizes. And sometimes EFKE KB25 and R25, now that there is no more APX 25.

Cheapest? The one which always gives satisfactory results is cheapest! And for me that is FP4+.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin