Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,518   Posts: 1,572,207   Online: 977

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hypo-clear

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Going through the California drought, I'm paying more attention to using hypo clear to reduce water use.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One further point - if you wash in running water, the flow should be very slow and gentle. Kodak's recommendations are to either:

a) use running water: "Run the wash water at least fast enough to provide a complete change of water in the container in 5 minutes"; or
    b) use a fill and dump regimen: "For rapid washing in a small tank, fill the tank to overflowing with fresh water and then dump it all out. Repeat this cycle 10 times."

Greg Davis did some very useful work on this very subject, and there is a Stick Thread that reports his results: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8...hing-test.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Yes but unless it rains in Aus or SCalfornia their reservoirs will empty cause they were sized too small.
    The Glen Canyon Dam, which the environmentalists fought but was built anyway, cannot be kept filled and is mostly empty now. It is a good idea to know the real facts, not the faith based facts based on what one had for breakfast before posting.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I worked for a graduate of Brooks and now long time friend. He made this film washer out of an old gallon milk jug with holes on the bottom and a tab cut on top. I made one and I've been using it for 30 years. Seems to work well.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The Glen Canyon Dam, which the environmentalists fought but was built anyway, cannot be kept filled and is mostly empty now. It is a good idea to know the real facts, not the faith based facts based on what one had for breakfast before posting.
    There are not any real facts any more you can deny global warming and extreme droughts ever happened in pre history to Peblo people in four corners.

I use hypo clear followed by three tempered baths and we have too much water but need to use heat to get to 20C.

Im a statistion, good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Yes but unless it rains in Aus or SCalfornia their reservoirs will empty cause they were sized too small.
    There are not any real facts any more you can deny global warming and extreme droughts ever happened in pre history to Peblo people in four corners.

I use hypo clear followed by three tempered baths and we have too much water but need to use heat to get to 20C.

Im a statistion, good luck.
    Your inability to stay on the subject QUOTE=Xmas;1618285]Yes but unless it rains in Aus or SCalfornia their reservoirs will empty cause they were sized too small.[/QUOTE] clearly shows that you are over your head. Even a poor statistician knows when they have lost an argument.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Water is not wasted. It is always in cycle. Unless you are using electrolysis to break apart water molecules. Then water is in fact, actually lost.
    It is only useful to think this way in the long term. In the short term, wasted water is just waste....it wastes resources used to clean annd deliver the water and it causes un-necessary hardship (again in the short term).

I've always used HCA with both film and RC paper specifically because it reduces wash time. To do otherwise is foolish, wasteful and inconsiderate. Please do not waste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    It is only useful to think this way in the long term. In the short term, wasted water is just waste....it wastes resources used to clean annd deliver the water and it causes un-necessary hardship (again in the short term).

I've always used HCA with both film and RC paper specifically because it reduces wash time. To do otherwise is foolish, wasteful and inconsiderate. Please do not waste.
    +1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Water is not wasted. It is always in cycle. Unless you are using electrolysis to break apart water molecules. Then water is in fact, actually lost.
    Or with fracking, removed out of the water cycle 'cos it's too polluted to do anything with.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I accept Im a poor statistion and a scatter brain. But alas that won't reduce the effect of global warming long term.

We have built on flood plains that flood every year even in drought!
    You guys are farming and fruit orchard in semi arid...

You need water conserveration now.
    Last edited by Xmas; 03-03-2014 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin