Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,261   Posts: 1,680,625   Online: 1000

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hypo-clear

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The Glen Canyon Dam, which the environmentalists fought but was built anyway, cannot be kept filled and is mostly empty now. It is a good idea to know the real facts, not the faith based facts based on what one had for breakfast before posting.
    There are not any real facts any more you can deny global warming and extreme droughts ever happened in pre history to Peblo people in four corners.

I use hypo clear followed by three tempered baths and we have too much water but need to use heat to get to 20C.

Im a statistion, good luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Water is not wasted. It is always in cycle. Unless you are using electrolysis to break apart water molecules. Then water is in fact, actually lost.
    It is only useful to think this way in the long term. In the short term, wasted water is just waste....it wastes resources used to clean annd deliver the water and it causes un-necessary hardship (again in the short term).

I've always used HCA with both film and RC paper specifically because it reduces wash time. To do otherwise is foolish, wasteful and inconsiderate. Please do not waste.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Water is not wasted. It is always in cycle. Unless you are using electrolysis to break apart water molecules. Then water is in fact, actually lost.
    Or with fracking, removed out of the water cycle 'cos it's too polluted to do anything with.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I accept Im a poor statistion and a scatter brain. But alas that won't reduce the effect of global warming long term.

We have built on flood plains that flood every year even in drought!
    You guys are farming and fruit orchard in semi arid...

You need water conserveration now.
    Last edited by Xmas; 03-03-2014 at 03:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Our film atoms are being transformed into atoms that don't work in my camera...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use hypo clear. It uses less water, it's less wasteful, I can get my negatives dry faster (since I will finish washing earlier). And most of all, it gets the stain out of Kodak films. I do not like to over fixate my films, since I already fix them for 6min in rapid fixer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone use the 2x time to clear method?
    “We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.”

― Tom Waits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Does anyone use the 2x time to clear method?
    yup
    otherwise you have no idea if you fixed enough or not ... that is, ifyou use your fix more than once

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 2x for traditional film (Plus-X) and 3x for T-grain film (TMY)
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I use 2x for traditional film (Plus-X) and 3x for T-grain film (TMY)
    What are you using 2x and 3x?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin