Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,960   Online: 959

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Film

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mystery Film

So, I've been asked to develop a roll of 120 film. No manufacturer markings, no info from the person who dropped it off, other than the word "lomography" written on the envelope. Black backing paper which says nothing more than "120 film start" and then "120 film exposed".

Any guesses?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One guess for Arista(Foma)-Black backing paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a shot in the dark, what color is the paper? Can you post a color photograph of it. Who knows, someone might recognize it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's black... Both sides. Just some gray coloured numbers in the usual places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sounds like arista -- the asa should be on the white band taping it shut. If not I'd assume it is ASA 400-- 12.5 minutes in d 76, 1:1 and pray, but not too hard. It's ur best guess, worst case scenario it's really 100 and comes out a bit dense...

if the white band says "start," are you sure it has been exposed? The exposed roll of arista sitting here in front of me only says exposed on the backing paper and EXP on the white band.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quite possibly Shanghai GP3. My girlfriend bought random film for me one time
    Turned out to be Shanghai. Stuff is branded as "Lomography 100", sold at Urban Outfitters and other hipster stores.
    Highly recommend Rodinal stand dev for random unknown films
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Process it any way you like, to any result. And label it "Lomography". Will fit perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd suggest Shanghai GP3 too, but the last time I sot a roll of this there weren't any markings at all. Just pure black unmarked paper, held together with a bit of white-ish looking masking tape.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    What?--eight posts now and nobody has chimed in with their Rodinal stand development scheme?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you sure its monochrome ?

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin