Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,318   Posts: 1,681,947   Online: 720

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Re the photoflo discussion, I mix it in advance and then pour the solution slowly into the tank. Agitation is with the Paterson twirly stick. No bubbles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I soak in photo-flo (8 drops per 500 ml), then hang the negatives and squirt them down with a VERY dilute photo-flo solution (maybe 1-2 drops per 500 ml). Works just fine for me. I've never had a problem with spotting. Perhaps the squirting is entirely unnecessary, but my five-year-old enjoys it (it is her darkroom "chore").

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also use distilled water as our tap water is positively chunky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I add the Photoflo to the water, not the water to the Photoflo. I think that's why you're getting so much foam. When I've seen significant bubbles, I've had poor drying and water spots. So I keep the amount of Photoflo to a minimum.
    I gave this a shot over the weekend and it works much better. No foam at all!

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I guess it depends on how you use it. I keep tempered water in a separate bowl, and I add the appropriate amount of wetting agent to it.
    Then off the reel I see saw the length of the film through the solution, ten times. No bubbles.
    Me to, that keeps the reel out of the photo flow.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin