Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,636   Online: 877

Shooter
    Medium Format

Has anyone tried FSA toner with Dr. Rudman's formula?

After a disastrous attempt at FSA (absolute brick red in no time at all) I decided to to try it again. This time I used dilute bleach at 1,2,4,6 min and then at the same intervals in the toner. (5mg thiourea dioxide + 10m sodium carbonate/ liter water)
    Better results but still a bust. All quarters of the print I worked with all seemed the same no matter how much time in the bleach or toner.
    Has anybody tried this? With better results?
    charlie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've not tried FSA; I usually only tone with sepia (thiocarbamide) for colour. With that said, you do understand that every paper tones differently, right? Many combinations are not so pretty. Maybe you've stumbled across one of those combinations. It would help if we knew what type of paper you were toning.

Shooter
    Medium Format

FB paper

I have been using both Ilford fb and ilford fb wt. no discernable differences.
    charlie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you don't get a response here, you might contact Tim through his website. He is a very nice guy and would most likely help you out
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To clear up a bit of confusion concerning tonier formulas, thiourea and thiocarbamide are the same chemical. Thiourea dioxide is a common name and an invalid chemical one since the substance is not a dioxide. Its proper chemical name is aminoiminomethane sulfinic acid and it is different from the parent compound thiourea.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-09-2014 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin