Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,925   Online: 864

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    But the red filter I used was the actually main influence.
    Of course, and as I suspected. That's what overly strong filtration will do for (to) you. As I say, if you like that look, then you're there. You will find plenty of support for your style of photography among the frequent posters here. If you'd like to see examples of full tonal fine art monochrome photography, with shadow detail, you can go to my site, where nothing stronger than yellow filtration was employed. I have already posted plenty of unappreciated examples here already.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Beautiful and well done photographs you have in your website.

I do landscape too with shooting at low ISO which I think is easier to get details on shadow.

I like the high ISO and agressive look for my street photographs. The shadow details are not that bad if I proper work on then. Here a example:
    http://www.marciofaustino.com/upload...21853_orig.jpg

Theses shots are just test to see what I could get from pushing K400 at 3200.

By the way, they were shot with a roll of 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Of course, and as I suspected. That's what overly strong filtration will do for (to) you. As I say, if you like that look, then you're there. You will find plenty of support for your style of photography among the frequent posters here. If you'd like to see examples of full tonal fine art monochrome photography, with shadow detail, you can go to my site, where nothing stronger than yellow filtration was employed. I have already posted plenty of unappreciated examples here already.
    How sad, such underappreciated masterpieces.

Shooter
    35mm

Kentmere 400 @ ISO 3200

Hello Marciofs,

After a little experimenting, I have (in my own opinion) had reasonable success pushing Kentmere 400 to ISO 3200 in Rodinal/R09 1+25. The appended shots were made last November at 2 PM on a "cloudy bright" day - which at 55°40'N is not very bright.
    Development time was 20 minutes, with very gentle agitation every 30 seconds.
    Incidentally, the prints were made on 20+ years old Orwo paper (found in an attic) and then scanned on a generic home office scanner (I apologize for the dust and cat hairs on the scanner plate).
    These imperfections notwithstanding, the pictures should still convey an impression of the possibilities offered by the combination K400 + Rodinal.

Best of luck!

Regards,
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K400_1.jpg   K400_2.jpg   K400_3.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Michael L.

Thank you for sharing.
    It seems to me that wuth Rodinal/R09 it looks even better than with Ilford HC.
    I thought about trying develope with Rodinal but wan't sure how many minutes I should develop it for. Thanks to your post I know now.

I just bought in the internet 10 rolls of Formapan 400, just to compare with Kentmere 400. Both are grainy and push very well but Formapan seems to have a old formula and deliver an old look which I also like.

Anyway, I like the result you got and it is what I want to archive, a more agressive heavy and grainy look.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin