Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,618   Online: 1131

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ain't tellin'...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really think I've seen many more (and better) examples of this, but here is all I could come up with in my little library. Two pages from Kodak's 1988 Darkroom Dataguide ​:
    Attached Files
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first time I used a steel reel I didn't know you were supposed to load from the center. I tried pushing it through as if it were a non-ratcheting plastic reel. I managed to get the entire roll loaded, and later discovered the film was touching itself in many places. Very few frames came out.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    What you need is an Errors gallery .....
    It could be called "Processing film with Dinesh" as I have made every conceivable error multiple times!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shooting a whole 36 film, opening the camera, and finding it empty..................You only do it once!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Shooting a whole 36 film, opening the camera, and finding it empty..................You only do it once!
    Or twice... That happened to me last summer. Had a brilliant morning of shooting on the shores of Lake Michigan, and after I started re-winding the film thought it felt a little bit light. One roll of 120 - not there.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you turn on the enlarger and realizes that the lens is wide open because you forgot to stop it down after refocusing .

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    One of the funniest things a student once said to me is "Clive, please come and look at my enlarger, as the image is very dim and I think the bulb maybe going".

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    The best guide to darkroom disasters was a book by the East German ORWO I found in a university library (along with a whole lot of excellent books on the technical aspects of photography, a far cry from the "just follow the manufacturer's data sheet" given in modern books on darkroom technique). I wish I could remember the title. It was an English edition. Something like "Faults in Photography". Imagine an entire book devoted to all the things that go wrong in photography! It would be a bestseller even today.

Shooter
    35mm
    I might even have caused some things they never even thought could happen!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin