Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,388   Posts: 1,683,276   Online: 693

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    ... discharges of static electricity on the film itself....
    I'd almost want to do that intentionally, looks neat!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    I'd almost want to do that intentionally, looks neat!
    Haha, I actually tried to replicate it, but couldn't. Maybe next winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    big thank you to professor horenstein. he gave me permission to upload a few pages from his book.
    it is a great book to learn photography with, easy to understand well written lots of visuals too.
    if you don't have this one, its definitely worth purchasing !

these are pages 208-211

full citation:

Horenstein, Henry. Black and White Photography A Basic Manual. 2nd ed. Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1983. 208-11.

thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    Haha, I actually tried to replicate it, but couldn't. Maybe next winter.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...aking?ref=live

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today's screw up, mixing LPD in spring water instead of distilled. I was perplexed at the initial color of my developer, then aghast at the scum forming on the surface of the mixing container. Then I turned the water jug to read the label, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh. The bottle of spring water was on the shelf next to my distilled, I don't remember buying mineral water, I only buy distilled. Well, it's either money down the drain, or (here's hoping).
    Rick Allen
    Argentum Aevum

“What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession.”
    -Neal Peart-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, since you bumped this thread, I am having difficulty keeping the film flat in my Bantam Special. The 828 reel is so tiny the film develops a very strong curl. lack of sprockets may also be a factor. I'm considering wedging the pressure plate to put more pressure on film but not sure that will help.

Shooter
    35mm
    just did the idiot thing last week when I was processing a 120 Ilford HP5, poured in the fixer first before the developer, film came out very very clean
    Akram
    https://500px.com/amellice

Bracketing is the refuge of the unknowing, a trial-and-error procedure that is wasteful of film and weakens the sense of disciplined procedure. Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Today's screw up, mixing LPD in spring water instead of distilled. I was perplexed at the initial color of my developer, then aghast at the scum forming on the surface of the mixing container. Then I turned the water jug to read the label, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh. The bottle of spring water was on the shelf next to my distilled, I don't remember buying mineral water, I only buy distilled. Well, it's either money down the drain, or (here's hoping).
    I doubt you will see much difference, honestly. I've mixed LPD with water fresh out of the tap for over ten years, and I haven't been able to kill a batch yet. I say relax. If you're really worried, keep a batch of LPD mixed with distilled on hand. Since it lasts pretty much forever, you can switch any time if you must.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know of some photo books which show a 3x3 matrix of negative images. The examples illustrate negatives which go from under-exposed and under-developed to over-exposed and over-developed. The negative in the center of the matrix shows a correctly exposed and developed negative. This can be very useful to those new to photography is diagnosing their negative problems.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 05-30-2015 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

R3 Monobath -repost

R3 Monobath

I love the idea of a single chemical developer that is reusable and keeps well. I'm afraid I will have to reserve this developer for 120 sized film with no sprocket holes only. I am guessing that due to the non-agitation of this developer, it has a tendency to drip down from the sprocket holes creating lines on the negative. Anyone see this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img649.jpg   img664.jpg  
    Developer ? Check! Stop Bath ? Check! Fixer ? Check! 20 degrees ? Check! Timer ? Check! Film ? Film ? Damn!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin