Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,297   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My plan is to shoot the same scene with the same camera and exposure (adapted for ISO) and then develop strips of the different films in different ways.
    To be of value, you really need to photograph two scenes for your tests: one of exceptionally high contrast and one with exceptionally low contrast. For high constrast to normal scenes I would recommend Barry Thornton's cheap and easy Two-Bath formula.

Bests,

David.
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. I think I will start with adding D-76 (or possibly ID-11 as I understand they are very similar). I'm still a bit undecided about getting to know the T-max films better or whether to just get one of the Ilford films instead. As several of you mentioned, my list of films was a little too ambitious. Also, note made about more than one type of scene. I wonder how long this will take?

As for the pyro developers I've been curious about them, but a little cautious about the toxicity. Also, I haven't seen any of them available from the places I usually order in Europe. I'm not sure if the Moersch staining developers are similar?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC-110 should really be considered. The shelf life of the concentrate is enormous and you can make dilutions to suit your needs on an as-needed basis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin