Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,593   Posts: 1,622,319   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chemistry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome Mrred. They have a nice selection.

Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    http://www.argentix.ca/index01.php I haven't actually ordered from these guys, but they seem eager to do business.

My other bookmarks are getting old...
    akfotog

Seneca/National 8x10, Cambo SCX 4x5, Tachihara Wood Field 4x5, Busch Pressman 4x5, Mamiya RB67 Pro SD, Hasselblad 500 C/M, Mamiya M645 1000S, Nikon F5, Nikon F100, Nikon F4S, Nikon FM2 Chrome.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I have a brother in Anchorage...I could always include it in a care package shipment to him and have him send it over/pick it up from him.

I live pretty close to Freestyle (and have some of the basics available locally) so shipping from them to me is cheap and fast.

Give me a holler if that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Careful re-shipping. The first thing they ask if you take a package to the post office is, "anything liquid, hazardous, perishable..." and I forget the next word but you get the idea.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Roger, they ask if it's a live cat. How could you forget that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ...and I forget the next word...
    "Prison?"

Ken
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am pretty sure that a parcel from Canada would have to go to the US via Seattle so I don't think it would make a difference.

I order from Beau Photo a lot, they are awesome to deal with. If you are ever really stuck for something I can probably get it for you and drop it off at the Skagway post office. Although who knows, that might get sent to you via Seattle as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Freestyle Photo will not ship Rodinal, but they will ship Acufine & D-76 (powder) and T-Max, DD-X & HC110 (liquid) developers.

Rodinal is marked ORM-D and Freestyle will only ship those ground CONUS, but many other liquid photochemicals are apparently OK to ship worldwide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all. Looks like Acufine & HC110 from Freestyle for now.
    akfotog

Seneca/National 8x10, Cambo SCX 4x5, Tachihara Wood Field 4x5, Busch Pressman 4x5, Mamiya RB67 Pro SD, Hasselblad 500 C/M, Mamiya M645 1000S, Nikon F5, Nikon F100, Nikon F4S, Nikon FM2 Chrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you thought of mixing your own? Aside from saving a bundle, you tend to stockpile an ever lasting pile.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time... My flickr
    Peter Carter

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akfotog View Post
    Thanks all. Looks like Acufine & HC110 from Freestyle for now.
    I refuse to believe there isn't a place in Alaska that sells it somewhere or could get it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin