Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,267   Posts: 1,660,678   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Medium Format

How long to re-fix?

Quick question - just hung film to dry and realized (belatedly, stupidly) that my fixer is spent. How long can/should I wait to re-fix with fresh batch? IOW, can I give them an hour to dry or should I wait longer? Sorry - I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it fast enough to suit my high-speed nature. TIA - ruby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have some fresh fixer available you should do it immediately, no need to dry the film, just rewash after the fixing.
    Otherwise, if you don't have fresh fix on hand, do it asap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    If you have some fresh fixer available you should do it immediately, no need to dry the film, just rewash after the fixing.
    Otherwise, if you don't have fresh fix on hand, do it asap.
    Thanks! I went ahead and re-reeled and am fixing now. Dumb dumb dumb. I should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are now hanging and look perfect. Well, at least properly fixed. I'm just relieved that was the problem. I'm still new enough to this that when i correctly diagnose and fix a problem, I feel like a WIZARD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the record I have been using TF-5 and can't seem to exhaust it no matter how much sheet film I throw at it! LoL it's probably about done I've ran maybe 10 sheets through a tray sized amount, using HC110 1:32 and a stop bath
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I assume you guys are all doing clip tests to determine fixer capacity, right?

Best,

Doremus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin