Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,088   Online: 899

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

X-Ray Damage Query

Picked some film up at Wukesong in Beijing awhile back - ISO 400, and to get back to Tianjin I took the bullet train which treats us a little like airport customs where we have to put baggage through their x-ray machine.
    Fast Forward ...
    I shot some of the film and processed it carefully but noticed a wavy pattern throughout the roll, I noticed this on more than one roll.
    Grabbed an unexposed roll ... processed it and sure enough a frustratingly wavy pattern throughout the entire roll. I've got 6 more unexposed rolls of this stuff and ...
    Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that x-ray machine at the train station. My ISO 100 film comes out okay!

Is it or is it not x-ray damage? Perhaps something else?
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Almost certainly X-ray damage.

Very unusual it may be a Chinese made machine as all the machines made in the UK for export around the world are film safe (UK subsidiary of a US company whose production is for the home market only).

The machines that emit damaging Xrays are normally operated remotely as the rays that damage film have a cumulative effect on humans.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carry your film through security at Chinese rail stations. I always do and they never bother me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin