Here is the result of purchasing 2000 feet of Kodak Duplicating 2462 Microfilm. I bought this so I can use some of my old 828 cameras, but thought about use in 35mm also. Having lots of old mechanical cameras, I decided to try a modification that will totally NOT destroy a SLR and allow the use of regular 35mm film if desired. This Minolta was at the top of the pile and became the GP.
Put Masking tape over shutter.
Metal sprocket.... Clip teeth with fine wire cutter and polish with rotary tool.
Drill takeup spool opposite of film tab holder on opposite side. Drill to just touching the metal shaft inside. Using instant glue, about 4 drops while rotating spool to allow glue to wick between shaft and sprocket. Allow to sit open overnight.
Blow out dust and crumbs and remove masking tape.
All Done! The camera can still be used with regular or un-perforated film.
Now the fun part......Exposing the Kodak Duplicating 2462 Microfilm. The Interweb research indicated an approximate exposure indexs of 1 to 6 and some very creative developing. Too slow and I did not want to make special developers, but I tried both. Not too happy, took too long and only good in bright sun. There must be a better (easier) way. There is......
After many feet of film and chemicals, here is my best so far.....
Expose film at EI 25
Develop in HC110 at double "B" dilution for 10 minutes.
Fix for 2 minutes in rapid fix.
My results are EI-50 too thin, EI-6 too heavy, EI-20 might be perfect.