Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,493   Online: 913

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Developer, brown glass bottles, and your health

I found a great cheap source of brown glass bottles to store smallish quantities of working solution and incidentally give my health a boost too.

Trader Joe's has cold pressed flax oil which contains omega-3 fatty acids and stuff to pick off those nasty free radicals... and comes in great brown glass bottles. When you finish your flax oil (2 tablespoons a day in your oatmeal or protein shake) then rinse out the bottle and use it for developer! Great stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sutter Home Merlot - 187ml green bottles - 4 in a pack ~$6.oo.
    Lower blood pressure, relax and get a good attitude by drinking the contents.
    Peel off the label and re-use.
    Brown is over rated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 25asa
    Sutter Home Merlot - 187ml green bottles - 4 in a pack ~$6.oo.
    Lower blood pressure, relax and get a good attitude by drinking the contents.
    Peel off the label and re-use.
    Brown is over rated.
    You got me there!

Better peel the label or you could mix up the bottles and pour yourself a nice glass of PMK with your steak!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Flax seed (aka linseed). It my be good for you, but it does taste like furnuture polish, which in fact it is. So you can collect bottles, stay healthy, and polish the wood on your field camera.

I'll stick to the wine bottles...

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couldn't we just send a few cases around the world to those "rogue nations" we dislike? The elimination of a bunch of those "nasty free radicals" would be a public service. Trouble is, there wouldn't be too many governments left to run things once they began to change. On second thought, perhaps we should take up a collection? tim

P.S. Send your money or brown bottles to "Save the world, eliminate free radicals"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We have health food products in brown bottles to. They call it beer-)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great idea.....but 750ml bottles that once held 2 buck chuck are so much more plentiful.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Great idea.....but 750ml bottles that once held 2 buck chuck are so much more plentiful.
    Here in Washington its '3 buck Chuck' but it's still that inferior California wine. Washington merlot, cabernet, and Oregon Pinot are the only west coast wines worth drinking.

I say we free the radicals and send 'em to California to overthrow the Governator.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've no affiliation with this company, but they have a good selection of brown glass bottles; www.specialtybottle.com

I'm still partial to 1.75L Jim Beam jugs for things like fixer and D76..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry if this seems a silly question but I always thought that the containers used for storing photo chemicals should be light tight, ya know like those brown, plastic bottles you get at the photo store.

Am I a victim of marketing hype? Are you guys saying that clear containers are ok?

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin