Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,406   Online: 717

Shooter
    35mm

TriX400 in Rodinal stand 1+100 60min amature tests

Just here to share and try and learn a bit more.
    I'm about to go traveling for 6 months and been trying to hone in on one film to use and developing technique so i can be confident taking once in a life time photos. And be able to get the most out this film.

Below are some film speed tests of triX400 in a rodinal 60 min stand @ 1+100.
    I don't own a densitometer so i feel i cant get anymore technical than just looking at the various exposures and judging for myself what looks good.

I believe people feel that the stand development is not ideal but it is so easy!!

Anyways just sharing and open to hearing feedback/discussion with this film/developer combo.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One risk with stand development is bromide drag ruining the odd frame here and there.

The other thing is the shape of the film curve; stand development may make printing long scale scenes easier, less burn and dodge, but it does that at the expense of the "snappiness" you might otherwise get in the highlights and shadows.

The other thing about compensating techniques is that the optimum speed for shooting the film at to print well and the speed found by looking at the shadow detail can be very different. You may need to use EI 50, 100, 200, or whatever to place the mid tones on the steepest part of the curve.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...-negative.html
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin