Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1136

Shooter
    35mm

ATT Mirko: ADOX CHS II 100 expiry dates

Dear Mirko,
    Could you say what expiry dates one can expect from CHS II 35mm film purchased last month, please?
    I bought one and there wasn't an expiry date on the labels, nor on the canister, nor on the cassette itself. My retailer, Silverprint went through some canisters of CHS II 100 and none had an expiry date printed. The CMS II 20 has it on the canister, so I wonder if that was a mistake on the factory.

BTW, some retailers here in the UK still put films on shelves and so they would appreciate if ADOX films were boxed. It would make it easier to identify them for customers. It is a lot easier for one to see the new Rollei RPX boxed films behind a counter as the boxes are black and have a nice contrast with the Ilford/Kentmere ones as those are white.
    Thanks!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess with printers at hand nowadays it would not be a problem for a dealer to make a dedicated sign and fix it at the part of the shelf where these films are stored. Or Adox could deliver such.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally! A film that never expires.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the CHS 100 II 8x10 inch film I bought late last year is dated for 2016.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't be too worried because this films was only released recently. ISO standards (not film speed) like 9002 etc require short expiry dates that are well within the actual tolerances needed, they are more about stock rotation. As a consequence all films have far shorter Expiuy dates than they used to a few years ago, so they will be fine quite a time after the expiry date with no issues at all.

Ian.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    ... The CMS II 20 has it on the canister, ...
    Did you get any CMS II 20?

Shooter
    35mm
    No, I didn't Noel.

Ian,
    I know CHS II was only released a few months ago. Just got a bit perplexed for the lack of an expiry date. Just as a curiosity, at the same time I found a box of the new RPX 400 without an expiry date. But that was one in the middle of about 20 boxes.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian,
    I know CHS II was only released a few months ago. Just got a bit perplexed for the lack of an expiry date. Just as a curiosity, at the same time I found a box of the new RPX 400 without an expiry date. But that was one in the middle of about 20 boxes.
    I was always a bit of a stickler for using in-date film, but the things changed and the major companies cut the expiry dates to meet ISO 9002.

Since then I bought a few hundred sheets of short dated HP5+ (5x4) from the US which I've been using in Turkey, so not particularly cool storage it's in a bottom drawer though in a ground floor apartment - so short of refrigerating it's the best I can do. It's now well out of date by over 5 years and results are no different to fresh stock.

So I've given up worrying

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No, I didn't Noel.
    Hi Ricardo
    I'll get a few to try then,
    Thanks
    Noel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin