Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,405   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you sepia tone ever, do not keep your negatives in the darkroom! Other chemicals/fumes can have an adverse affect as well.

I like the fire safe idea, but I have upwards of 40 binders of negatives now, too many to keep in all but a really huge fire safe... Temperature fluctuations like you mention are much less of a concern than humidity. If you live in humid conditions, consider a dehumidifier or storage with desiccants.

FWIW, I keep my negs in a closet in a bookshelf in dust-proof binders and in polypropylene pages.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I just think it's hilarious that the Canadian is calling 24C as 'warm' , that's our record highest mid-winter temperature around here (and an average mid-autumn temp).
    Forget the temperature, wherever has less dust, chemical fumes, and sunlight gets my vote.
    Well, as the expression goes. It is all relative. The record high for my city is 37.8C/100F, although when it is hot here it is also extremely humid which makes it feel a LOT hotter. The record cold here is -36.1C/-33F, which is more than cold enough for anyone but with a crisp north wind, it feels a LOT colder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin