Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 724

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    I printed some old Galerie matt not long ago-don't like it. What I want is a grade 1 glossy!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you thought of developing a G2 in a very soft working developer, or preflashing it to reduce contrast?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Have you thought of developing a G2 in a very soft working developer, or preflashing it to reduce contrast?
    Does Galerie respond to water bath?

Or just learn how to make negs that print well at G2 or 3.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Water bath or Freestyle version of Selectol Soft, or more dilute regular developer or pre-flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Water bath or Freestyle version of Selectol Soft, or more dilute regular developer or pre-flash.
    I can only remember two papers I have used that responded well to water bath. Fotokemika Emaks and Kodak Azo.
    I only used one box of Galerie ever, and never tried water bath. Have you tried it? Just curious.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I normally use Beers' Soft Developer-Selectol Soft or similar would work great too.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Will this paper work for lith?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I can only remember two papers I have used that responded well to water bath. Fotokemika Emaks and Kodak Azo.
    I only used one box of Galerie ever, and never tried water bath. Have you tried it? Just curious.
    Nope. Just throwing our some potential ways to lower contrast. I've used Selectol Soft (many years ago) and a bit of pre flashing. There are more ways to lower contrast of a graded paper than to increase it, or so it seems to me.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk using 100% recycled electrons. Because I care.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin