Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,175   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

A Product Re-Introduction From HARMAN technology Limited

http://goo.gl/ez2Ba6

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just saw it on Facebook. Well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though not a product I will use, it's wonderful to read that there is demand enough to reintroduce this paper. Btw, unless it's a British thing, "matt" is short for Matthew. "Matte" is the spelling that applies to a non-shiny or glossy surface. Just 'sayin!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I, also, won't much of it. Its good to hear that products are coming back.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You fellows at Ilford rock the boat! Thank you for your persistent efforts!

I've used only a wee bit of Galerie, but loved it when I did. It is a little bit too pricey for my wallet, however, but I'm very happy for those who can afford it. The Ilford matte surface is extremely beautiful, especially when toned.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Ilford and Simon Galley. Finally a new (old) matte paper on the market, there is a huge choice of glossy papers but only a small selection of matte papers and let's be honest matte just looks classier.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Though not a product I will use, it's wonderful to read that there is demand enough to reintroduce this paper. Btw, unless it's a British thing, "matt" is short for Matthew. "Matte" is the spelling that applies to a non-shiny or glossy surface. Just 'sayin!
    Alas it is a wrong side of pond thing, this side

Matt is short for Matthew
    matt is rough surface, though matte would be ok too but would identify the text as possibly archaic or pretentious...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been meaning to try Galerie for a while now but was always put off by the gloss surface (I'm a MGFB Warmtone Semi-matt man). Now it's back in a matt finish I'm definitely going to try it!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon, now that you're tinkering with paper finishes, how about putting the perfect (glossy enough to support solid blacks, not so shiny as to make viewing difficult) surface of glossy Galerie on your new FB Cooltone? Then, reduce the level of OBA in FB Cooltone so it's no higher than what you have in Galerie. With those two changes, while maintaining its curve shape, you'd make FB Cooltone ideal. Of course, that would mean I'd stop using Galerie, your (and currently my) favorite paper.

Yes, the requests never stop. I'm spoiled and still want more!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Hi John,
    "Matt" is also a correct term. For instance in German. The same word in several languages, with small spelling differences, I guess.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin