Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,754   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 120 Drip Dry ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Photoflo and don't bother with distilled water. Filtered tap water in my area is plenty good enough. Never used a squeegee on my film either, and my films dry clear and clean. I learned many years ago that Photoflo at 1+200 with my water is far too strong, and produces lots of foam. You don't want that. You want only enough Photoflow to prevent the water from beading up, but not enough to make foam. My standard dilution for Photoflo is somewhere between 1+400 and 1+500; it's not at all critical to be more precise than that. Another thing you might want to try is the substitution of plain old clear drugstore rubbing alcohol for about 20% to 25% of the volume of water. Your negatives will dry a little faster and the working solution of Photoflo will last a long time without those nasty, ugly floating things growing in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Photoflo at relatively high dillution with good success (i.e. no water spots). To speed the drying process, however, I usually use a strip of chamois leather as a squeegee. I fold the strip in half, so it surrounds the roll film, pull the ends taught, and gently pull it down the length of the film. By pre-wetting the chamois in the Photoflo solution and then squeazing it "dry", it readily absorbs most of the remaining Photoflo solution from the film surface, and doesn't scratch the film.

The alternative, of course, is to "fluff dry" your film.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin