Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,980   Online: 929

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Simpler? Huh??

No. It may be cheaper, and it has other advantages - you can make up things not made commercially anymore, or that may be out of stock, you can tweak the formulas, and you can always have fresh chemistry. But it certainly is never simpler. Simplest is "open a pack of powder or bottle of concentrate and dilute as needed."
    Yup, that's what I'm after................simplicity! I have all the scales/chems, but just want to open a bottle and pour. Simple me I guess...........JW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Yup, that's what I'm after................simplicity! I have all the scales/chems, but just want to open a bottle and pour. Simple me I guess...........JW
    If you make up your chemistry in bulk then it's simple to just "open a bottle and pour" for each developing/printing session. I mix my PQ developers to a commercial strength rather than to the published formulæ and substitute Potassium Carbonate & Hydroxide in place of Sodium Carbonate which is what Agfa, Kodak and Ilford do for commercial liquid concentrated PQ type devs. So you can have the best of both worlds,

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Most developer formulas are easy enough to mix yourself from scratch. Just don't imagine you're going to cook up your own HC-110, however.
    Some things still require true industrial muscle.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Fortunately for me I don't have to order from Freestyle. I can easily drive there.

(well, if you consider battling downtown Los Angeles traffic easy)

Maybe it really is EASIER to just order it and have it drop on my doorstep.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin