Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,253   Posts: 1,680,470   Online: 740

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford XP2 Supre

I was sitting around and a bit bored, so I grabed what I thought was a roll of HP-5+ outta the fridge and loaded the Mamiya 6. I took a nice long walk around town and shot a few frames, then finished last evening on a walk with my daughter. I get home and go to pull the roll from the camera, when I realize it was a roll of XP2 super. Aw nutz... Anyway, since I don't do c-41 at home, I decided to spool it up and soup it, some quick checks showed D-76 for a total of 15 mins at 72f, so I have D-76 but I decided on PMK Pyro, and went for 15 mins at 72f. In retrospect, and close examination of the slightly thin negs, I probably should have souped for 30 mins, but they are what they are.
    I printed these test enlargements on some Kodabrome G5 I had on a shelf and forgot about, not too bad. They could definitely use tweaking, but all in all, I'm happy with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails caboose.jpg   locomotve.jpg   knuckle.jpg   stair.jpg  
    Rick Allen
    Argentum Aevum

“What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession.”ť
    -Neal Peart-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just came into a whole lot of 12-shot rolls of XP2- maybe 25 or so. Not one to avoid an experiment, I tried one with Acufine, which is what I had on the counter. As you did, I got very useable images–much better than the color print film I had in with it for processing. I'm going to experiment a bit more with the stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rather like it. It was designed to print on traditional B&W paper, just not developed in the chems. It is a tad contrasty, but I think it will be easy to tame.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum Aevum

“What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession.”ť
    -Neal Peart-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rick-I really like the last shot of the stairs. It's almost a little disorienting, your eyes follow the stairs and then hit this dizzy spot about half way up where the stairs tilt.

I used to shoot a bit of XP2 before I started developing my own film. I recently made an 11x14 enlargement from a 35mm frame (C-41 processed) and was amazed at how little grain there was.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using BW developer on XP2 is essentially like bleach bypass. I like using it.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin