Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,644   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Last time I was in Istanbul (ok, the only time ) there were a group of photo shops in a multi-storey building, just near the Sirkeci tramstop in Ankara Cd, at the Southern end of the Galata bridge. At least two had darkroom supplies. Failing that, shipping from Germany shouldn't be too bad - try Macodirect, they seem to have Tetenal and Foma powdered fixers.

Alternate sources of sodium-hyposulphate might include local suppliers of swimming-pool chemicals too, it would be cheap but the smallest quantity might be 10kg !

Edit: You might also be able to get help with possible suppliers from this darkroom www.galatafotografhanesi.com.
    Last edited by MartinP; 05-13-2014 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I can find every imaginable product and chemical in Istanbul if I cross through 17 million people , its very crowded city and I hate travelling .
    They even post to home but I have to go to bank , remit money after waiting one hour , call them again and wake up 9am with cargıo officer and pay him money. If they dont sell online and I find from foreign countries.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sorry for the confusion umut

as others have said the hypo you refer to is chlorine bleach. it will ruin photo film.
    the photographic "hypo" is "hyposulphite of soda" ( sodium thiosulfate ).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_thiosulfate

good luck finding it locally ... i am sure you can and it will not be expensive ..
    and probably will be plentiful enough that you can use your fixer 1-shot.

Shooter
    35mm
    APUG advertiser FomaPhoto, in Norway ( http://www.fomafoto.com/index.php/vm/b-w-film/chemistry ) or Phtoimpex in Germany may be you closest mail order source. You are corect that Powder is generally cheaper to ship, and also oten has better shelf life. If you use the "t-grain" style of film you may prefer the Rapid fixer, which is generally only sold in liquid form.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Umut, you can also find Sodium Thiosulfate all over ebay. You can also find other ingredients there to make several kinds of fixer. IDK how available that is for you.

Sodium Hypochlorite (aka Clorox, or bleach) will dissolve the gelatin off of the film. Don't use that unless you WANT to make yourself some blank film base!
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    How about Ali-Baba?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...251153295.html

Best regards,
    Konstantin.
    my Film Flickr. aslo, using enlarger, in the darkroom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin