Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,438   Online: 822

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can only double what has been said. I have done a lot of Pan F+ in Hot Rod 1+50 for 11 minutes...and I love it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven;t used PanF but from my experience with AGFA and EFKE 25 I believe that agitation should be once every 2-3 minutes with R1+100
    If you agitate every minute, your contrast will be higher than lettng it rest for a few min.

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I've used Pan 1:50 a few times, I'm interested see if 1:100 improves my shadows.

What are you guys, (you're one of the guys, Jeanette ) rating your Pan F at?
    Mama took my APX away.....

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Pan F is a slow film with a high threshold of exposure, so in order to get good shadow detail, you need to rate it slower then what's stated. I rate Pan F at ASA 25. But I use PMK mostly for all my b&w films now. I would also try Ilford's DDX.

Run a few tests to determine development times. Then just go take pictures.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I've used Pan 1:50 a few times, I'm interested see if 1:100 improves my shadows.

What are you guys, (you're one of the guys, Jeanette ) rating your Pan F at?
    I feel the love! I use it straight out of the box...@ ISO 50.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Pan-F+ exposed at EI25 quite a few times, and am getting good results that way. Overexposure could be what the doctor would order in your case, since it brings out the shadows a bit.
    Rodinal, especially at high dilutions usually means a little loss in film speed. In high dilutions be sure to use enough developer as well, so you don't exhaust it.
    I like the idea of stand development, but have never tried it. Please let us know how it went!

- Thom
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "... torus inversions ..." ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love Pan F+ in Rodinal. I haven't even tried it in other developers yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    "... torus inversions ..." ?
    Well....I guess the way I do it is more like a twisted version of the "infinity" symbol... but since a torus is basically a donut...I guess "toroidal" is a bit off for my method. Mine's more like a double helix...must be a "Jeanette-ic" thing! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Well....I guess the way I do it is more like a twisted version of the "infinity" symbol... but since a torus is basically a donut...I guess "toroidal" is a bit off for my method. Mine's more like a double helix...must be a "Jeanette-ic" thing! haha
    Sounds like I'd sprain something. I'd better continue practicing "safe" agitation techniques.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even at 1:100, Rodinal isn't the best choice for good speed, though I agree that in general Rodinal/Pan F is an excellent combination. You might also consider XTOL 1:3 or (my favorite) Ilfosol S 1:14, both at EI 50. Ilfosol is strange, not so good with fast films, quite good with FP4+, brilliant with Pan F+. And Pan F+ is capable of such lovely lush shadow detail ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin