Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,776   Online: 1035

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    That doesn't sound right to me. 500ml @ 1:50 would require 10ml concentrate, and is routinely used to develop two rolls of 35mm in an invertable tank. Perhaps we should turn to the church to make a pronouncement on this matter .
    The church is saying that it can be perfectly acceptable to develop in less than 10 ml. pr. film. I use 6 ml. + 300 ml. of water (306 ml. 1+50) pr. film (35mm). The result is great. Others are doing 1+100 and use 3 ml. per roll of film with great results.

The Church

Images
    I tried a pictorial roll reducing the time to 14 min. Bad idea. The contrastiest scenes looked good in the overexposed bracket but the normal scenes were much too flat. I'm going back to 15 or maybe even 15.5 min and watching the exposed leader on my film for comparative d-max changes.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have very little experience with the combination, but what I did notice is that the Rodinal is very sensitive to the agitation. I did two rolls in a controlled lighting, both for the same time. First one had agitation every minute, second at 10 and 5 minutes. Seems if you mix it up too much, the highlights block up like crazy, everything else being equal.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    I have very little experience with the combination, but what I did notice is that the Rodinal is very sensitive to the agitation. I did two rolls in a controlled lighting, both for the same time. First one had agitation every minute, second at 10 and 5 minutes. Seems if you mix it up too much, the highlights block up like crazy, everything else being equal.
    I agree with you. I am afraid that I have traded my problems with Pan F shadows to problems with the Highlights but I have been very encouraged with my results so far. It is apparent that this will be a very critical process from exposure to dilution to process control.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I did a post on another forum about pan-f in microdol with combined agitation and stand development.http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=009mO2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin