Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,584,985   Online: 1083

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canadian Glycin Source?

Hi there,

I was going to order some Glycin from JDPHOTOCHEM (was colba.net/~fotochem), but their price for 100 grams went from $22.50 US to $40.00 US!!!!!!

Is there another source for photography chemicals in Canada I'm unaware of? Thanks in advance for your replies,

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the exchange change I've been wondering how long they would keep the prices the same way. I was sort of hoping all thier suppliers were in US dollars.

You could try some of the lab suppliers but those people are really expensive.

http://www.heylloyd.com/technicl/bulkchem.htm

He lists a few different places but I can't find any that mention glycin.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Murray
    You can try Nymok in Toronto, John is one of the nicest businessman I have ever dealt with. He will mix any photo related item as well as sell bulk chemicals. Currently he is mixing Lith and Solarization chemicals for me.
    Nymok- 416-465-1929

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Hi Murray
    You can try Nymok in Toronto, John is one of the nicest businessman I have ever dealt with. He will mix any photo related item as well as sell bulk chemicals. Currently he is mixing Lith and Solarization chemicals for me.
    Nymok- 416-465-1929
    Sorry to be picky Bob , but it may help - It's spelled with a "C" apparently.

Nymoc.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob can you tell us more about Nymoc? What does he stock? Only large amounts or does he break stuff down into smaller lots?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    John

thanks for the clarification, anyways this company IMO is first rate, walking into their facilities is like a time warp, very clean, open and cool, they make soap as their main daily operation,
    I think if you and Nick call them they will discuss your needs and try to accomodate them.
    I have bought chemicals in 1 litre mixes for solarization as well as kilo bags when I was mixing my own dectol and fix.
    I do not think any project is beyond Johns at Nymoc 's capabilities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin